Rip Off Ireland - A thread for rip offs

Doubt it fagan. If there was, they wouldn’t be on promo the whole of the year.

Surely if it’s in promo half the year it shows they can afford to slice a chunk off their margin for it?

Need the volume to make money on it.

1 Like

But sure of course its going to boost its net income. Selling it at full price though is probably going to diminish /decrease the volume significantly enough to affect the bottom line. Walkers brought out a similar product a few years back. (Stix I think it was) it was imo actually superior to Pringles. They tried it at a promo at €2 and it flew out. They then went down the full price route of 3/3.50 and it bombed. Dont think you’ll get it here now.

2 Likes

They were indeed superior. I think tayto had a crack at it too

1 Like

Could never take to Walkers crisps at all
That’s my TedTalk

1 Like

These were in no way similar to the normal walkers. Way nicer than that.

1 Like

Were these walkers pringle mase wirh potatoes? Pringles are made with rice

3.20 for the M50.

They’re all gone up max possible with inflation. Even the Christy Ring…

My colleague at work ordered a “white chocolate mocha” there when I told him I was going for a coffee. €5.20 it was. Came in a cup like a coffee but didn’t look or smell like how coffee should. €5.20.

2 Likes

I’d be mortified with myself if I’d been mugged off like that. This time next year we’ll be bemoaning when you could get a pint of plain for it…

How many years ago is it since @Bandage mounted the boycott of the 51 when they jacked the price of Heineken up to €5.20…8/10 years?

2 Likes

Windsor motors… Wanted €580 to replace brakes and discs on an xtrail :fu::fu::fu:

1 Like

I’ve been made a pure cunt of

lots of cagers irked by the cost of their iron cages

1 Like

You’re all the wiser for it. Experience is what you call it after a cock-up. :beer:

2 Likes

Think that was around 2009…how time flies. The bhoycott lasted over a year, if I recall correctly.

1 Like

no staff discount out there anymore?

A few percent here and there. Nothing major