Road to Nowhere 2018

australia 1 syria 1 - 25 minutes (2-2 agg)
think winners play 5th place CONMEBOL

Live on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVsEHxgJ2zk

Rogic coming more and more into this. After an early stupid goal concession, Australia will win this handily enough and then play 4th place in CONCACAF who I think will be either the US, Honduras or Panama.

Itā€™s a great city.

Friendly locals, great weather and cheap enough. Only negative is walking around town and lads trying to sell you cheap tat like sunglasses relentlessly.

1 Like

I need a new pair of sunglasses

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to go to Copenhagen in the winter. Iā€™ve never been there but have a fascination with all those Danish television drama series.

The train from Hamburg to Copenhagen goes onto a ferry. I want to drink on that train.

1 Like

Be expensive as fuck though. Portugal would have the ideal combo of cheap flights and cheap drink.

1 Like

Aus - 1 @ 9/5 charge

Borgen is a fantastic show.

That Prime Minister, forget her characters name. What a lady.

Was in Copenhagen for a night in May. Nice place. Spotlessly clean and bicycles everywhere. Expensive enough, obviously. The bridge between Sweden and Denmark is very impressive.

@Sidney what 2nd placed team are missing out on the play offsā€¦Slovakia ?

Iā€™ll answer this one.

Yes, Slovakia are missing out.

As it stands. Thereā€™s an unlikely sequence of events that involves Greece dropping points to Gibraltar & Bosnia winning against Estonia that would put Slovakia through. But Bosnia are out regardless as they can only get a maximum of 11 points so theyā€™ve nothing to play for and Gibraltar are shit.

Thanks mate. One of my best friends Mam is from Slovakia. Heā€™ll be heartbroken. Hopefully Ireland can qualify to give him a summer to remember.

Cc @Funtime

3 Likes

I find that if youā€™re on a short 2 or 3 day trip itā€™s pretty easy to economise but you have to do your research and be on the ball about booking. I did the Stockholm trip in March 2013 and I found the warnings about the cost exaggerrated. There were a couple of bars in Sodermalm selling pints for the equivalent of ā‚¬4.20 and the food wasnā€™t particularly expensive either.

What was expensive was our train to Vasteras Airport unexpectedly breaking down in a tunnel and having to pay ā‚¬150 on a taxi to get the rest of the way or miss our flight.

I think a lot of former diehards and fair weatherers like myself will be thinking of going to this one. Bosnia in 2015 is the only away play-off in Europe Iā€™ve missed in all the ones Eire have participated in since 1995 inclusive.

And aus - 2 @11/2

Christ Australia are shit. Still 1-1
Iā€™d support Syria only for the damage non-qualification will do to the game here.

On another note, Iā€™d love to go to Copenhagen. Was watching one of those Rick Steim weekend away shows in Copenhagen, it seems like a lovely place with fantastic food. And Danish women are incredible.

Is Tim Cahill nearing a bus pass ?

Do Sky, BT Sport or Eurosport cover the South American qualifiers at al at all these days?

oooh that was close from Rogic

I donā€™t think so pal.

1 Like