Roasting - log instances here

Vidic any time he faced Torres.

1 Like

You actually did. :smile:

Couldn’t live with your pace. Ended my career as a full back. Was centre half from then on. Mind you I wasn’t much good there either :grinning:

10 Likes

Community games 1990 - swimming trials. Up against two lads from my school who swam for a club every morning. Was halfway down first length and they were on the way back. Jumped out at the far end and start rubbing my eyes when passing the crowd as if to say the chlorine and lack of goggles had caused me to be utter shit at swimming.

Roasted.

20 Likes

No goggles! :joy: You sound like that lad from Africa in the Olympics a few years ago who used have a spotter to shout to get out of the creek when he saw crocodiles

2 Likes

Seamus Callanan fair roasted Padraig Mannion in the All-Ireland semi-final last year, pity for him he didn’t get more of the ball; could have single-handedly dragged Tipp through.

1 Like

by fuck he didn’t roast john hanbury! ollie canning roasted eoin kelly on every occasion he marked him, the constant embarrassment culminating in the portly ‘analyst’ hitting ollie with a filthy stroke off the ball which played a huge part in tipps soft all ireland win of 2010

4 Likes

I marked a lad in a match over this way. Saw little of the ball or him all afternoon.
He enquires politely who I used hurl for “school” I said, “who did you used play for?”
“Kilkenny”

1 Like

Kilkenny were shite in the 90s.

He was roasting Hanbury as much as he was roasting Mannion. Hanbury just knew to drag him down

1 Like

@flattythehurdler fairly roasted me in the couple of balls we had to contest in a match. Granted by spirit had been well and truly broken as we took a 40 point hammering the same day with their full forward running roughshod over me all day.

Senior Hurling training one evening, we were short one to play the match, they asked a young fella about 4-5 years younger than me (16 or 17) to stand in and make up the numbers.
He was in his school uniform and proceeded to absolutely roast me, didn’t give me a sniff of the ball, same fella went on to play for Tipperary for a number of years, I went on to play Junior B, dog rough it was too!!

1 Like

This is a lie. Also that was my only fifteen mins of getting a match all season, viciously curtailed by shameless injury feigning by one of big mick’s team. And @Big_Dan_Campbell, the absolute gent that he is, when I mentioned to him that I wish your man would stop, as it’s the only game time that I was likely to see all year, told him to stop writhing and get the fuck up.
I never forgot that.

3 Likes

Sadly I was shite through the eighties, nineties and noughties.

2 Likes

What’s his name

Ah lovely. Getting the run around from a lad still in his uniform. You could dine out on that forever.

I couldn’t be revealing that now…

Was it Festy in the Festy?

3 Likes

Nope

Got an awful roasting playing in that made-up Munster Junior B championship that some Limerick club (Knockainey?) organize. Twas late in the year and we met some crowd from Tuosist in South Kerry down beyond Kenmare. I would have been past my prime but anyway the full-forward zipped out for the first ball and banged it over off his right. Second ball, he’s out first again and I force him into his left and he bangs it over again. Third ball he takes out near the 45 by the line, stood him up and forced him back when he went to go with his right, shepherded him out close to the line with no shot on his left, he leans back and hooks it over my head and over the black spot. I lost count around eleven points. Long day in the frying pan.

He roasted the whole LK backline, very unfair to be singling out Foley like that.

2 Likes