Roasting - log instances here

Cunt. What did he get that day? 16 scores?

1 Like

I took on the runt on the Limerick Gaa thread and got my arse handed to me.

1 Like

Doesn’t count, no-one boasts about beating mentally challenged individuals.

Henry Shefflin vs Declan Ruth in 2007. Skippy’s worst ever performance in a Wexford Jersey as he was hauled ashore after 26 mins and belted the shite out of the tunnel wall with his hurley on the way to the dressing room

Tbh I was happy enough for the lads to have a big win. Except for you. You are an unmerciful cunt of the highest order.

5 Likes

14 points. 4 frees & 1 65. 9 wonderful points from play.

1 Like

We went 2-1 to one up or something early doors…cunts.

You often hear that cliche that a player won a game on his own floated about. Eoin Kelly put in a performance for the ages that day. Some of his scores were awesome. Was a pleasure to witness regardless of the result IMO.

1 Like

What I didn’t call him on the way back to the town that day :grinning:

1 Like

About a week after returning from J1 in New York, not quite in prime condition, we played Mullinahone in an u21 challenge. I was up to the age. After about 25 minutes I was moved out from my usual territory to mark a 17 year old Eoin Kelly who had already scored about 7 points from half forward.
I’ve marked a lot of the top Kilkenny lads at some stage but have never marked anyone before or since that had me so completely bamboozled. He wasn’t especially fast but if he got any sort of touch on the ball whatsoever, he’d have it in his hand, do some sort of shimmy and materialise about 3 yards away stroking yet another point.

12 Likes

Mattie Forde vs Francie Bellew in August 2008. Such a roasting that I think Francie retired afterwards.

1 Like

Andrew o shaughnessy. Absolutely every defender he came across at under 21 level.

1 Like

Plus Minor and school levels mate…he destroyed teams on his own.

One of the greatest forwards I’ve even seen play the game in his prime.

A class act, on and off the field.

Limerick roasted a heavily fancied Waterford in the 2007 semi-final.

Great times…the much maligned Donie Ryan - TJ’s brother didn’t let Croke Park bother him that day, and Andrew O’Shaughnessy was outstanding. Best struck penalty I’ve ever seen in Croke Park but I am biased.

That was a roasting particularly after the bating they gave Limerick that year in Thurles in the MF when Dan got some great goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb7zes-RAFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3J3StdPoaA

1 Like

Joe Cooney’s first-half performance against Cork in 1990. Jim Cashman was turning to the line with his arms out, not knowing what to do with Cooney, who ran him ragged. In fairness to Cashman, he upped his game in the second half and the rest is history.

4 Likes

Not a roasting.

Players roast other players, not teams roasting other teams. Limerick just did what they can do on any given day that day, tear the form book up.

1 Like

1-8 or something in the first half and only a point in the 2nd half wasn’t it? Was as much to do with Cork managing to expose Galways frail full back line as it was Cashman getting back on top. Great final.

1 Like

I met one of that fullback line only yesterday at the coffee shop. Still wont talk about it

1 Like

Clear division highlighted between lads who actually played games against the lads who watch games but talk the world of shite about it.

1 Like