ROI v's AZE & SRB

Harsh on McGrath. Can only assume Robinson isn’t 100% as he’s our most in form attacker

Starting Troy the boy, Idah and Connolly is very interesting. Should lend itself to an exciting performance. Our front 3. Just need Callum Robinson now for a fab 4.

Browne has been brilliant in all his caps to date, mollumby in for hendrick would have been my only change, mcgrath is after getting shafted.

Fucking mcclean, I’m deflated before its even kicked off

Bazunu

Coleman
Duffy
Egan

Doherty (wb)
Molumby
Cullen
McClean (wb)

Parrot
Idah
Connolly

This how he’s going??

In Spock we trust

So you’d have started Connolly despite your sustained criticism of him since Wednesday?

I would. We aren’t flush with attacking options.

That or

Bazunu

Coleman Duffy Egan Doherty

Molumby Cullen

Idah/Parrott McLean Connolly

Parrott /idah

Don’t think he needs 5 at the back today really. He could play McLean deep and push Molumby on. Can’t see where McLean actually works today, we surely plan on having more of the ball

I think that must be it alright

There is an appropriate format for these posts mate

@EstebanSexface 01/09/21 " Connolly is the worst player I ever seen"

@EstebanSexface 04/09/21 “Connolly dropped, wtf, :vulcan_salute: out”

3 Likes

James McClean gets some abuse for a lad who’s 12th in our all time goal scoring list at international level despite only making his debut at the age of 23.

Having said that he shouldn’t be starting today and is not the future.

1 Like

Back 5 alright mcclean wing back

Connolly is playing you ham

Exactly

Hard to know how that works. I would have thought Parrott & Idah are both central strikers and that if we’re playing both together, it’d be 3-5-2. But Connolly being there would suggest it’s three across the front which means we’re pushing one of those fellas wide, which I wouldn’t necessarily agree with.

I know they missed the other night but Browne & Robinson probably deserve to start based upon previous international performances. We’re going to need a bit of guile to break these down.

1 Like

McGrath looked to have a bit about him for finding a pass.

Azerbaijan will sit in and make it difficult.

Exactly, dropping him doesn’t make any sense. I like Cullen & Molumby as individuals, I’d be worried they’re too similar though.

Saving his legs

Molumby has a lot of energy and likes to drive forward with the ball.

Cullen will pull the strings. Parrott might actually drop and look to link it/get turned

Why is Dockerty playing?

1 Like

Commentators mentioned McGrath wasn’t the fittest. Possibly rested with Serbia in mind. Would expect changes in midfield for that game