Rory McIlroy, Number 3 golfer in The World and US Open 2024 runner up

Rory McIlroy has enriched all our lives, in a very minor way.

1 Like

Lovely bit of irony the way lads are hammering him for not doing an interview at the end given how open he’s been with the media.

You’ve fairly nailed him there but that could be said of 90% of the American golfers especially.Absolute cunts, every one of them.

I’d have done the exact same thing as Rory were I a filthy rich golfer standing in a room in a golf clubhouse with CCTV, and I’d just blown the US Open. Actually I’d probably have done far worse. I mean I once threw a massive tantrum and refused to go to training at Lucan Harriers Athletics Club because the team I wanted to win the BBC quiz Show Masterteam '86 (presented by Angela Rippon) had just lost their quarter-final match up. Admittedly I was only 7 at the time.

Here’s the thing. Media were all delighted Rory stormed off. It saved them having to do any work and it gave them all far more to talk about than any bullshit “front up” interview would have.

I once caddied in a tournament in which Rory McIlroy participated. It could have been me on that bag on Sunday. So I feel ultra-qualified to comment on all this.

2 Likes

I don’t mind Patrick Reed because he’s an honest sort of cunt. He’s a fucking cunt and he’ll never hide it. Which sort of makes him alright, or at least an alright sort of a cunt.

2 Likes

Give me P Reed any day of the week over Bryson

Even after everything Patrick cantlay went through and it must be so tough he still is very hard to like.

A lovely touch too from Bryson over the weekend to one of the few likable golfers, the great Payne Stewart. A good lad.

I have no real issue with him and he’s not the first sportsman to do so but he seems to treat the women in his lovelife fairly poorly.

Also he does come across dull as dishwater anytime I’ve heard him interviewed

1 Like

What you call “treating women in his lovelife poorly” is actually called life, mate. People fall out, people argue, people treat each other shabbily, people split up. People make up. Sometimes. Usually. Not always.

Has there ever been a whiff of Rory laying a finger on a woman in an aggressive manner?

2 Likes

Too raw for Greg Allen yet.

The lads would prefer here if he was deeply unhappy in a relationship.

That’s what a red blooded Irish man would do.

Lacks the moral foritude to end relationships face to face. The irony of him fluffing his approach to ending his marriage is likely lost on him.

Be kind boys. This is a tough time for us Rory fans

1 Like

Better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.

1 Like

What sort of bizarre comment is this. He reconciled with his wife. There’s kids involved here.

Yep that marriage is in ship shape. All a little misunderstanding.

I can imagine being on tour is very stressful on any relationship particularly when there is young kids involved:

I’d be concerned about those images of him with the reporter.

Rory is the best of us.