Rory McIlroy

Treble bogey there… another Sunday choke underway

1 Like

That hole is a good example of why he struggles so much at Augusta.

He shits himself?

I don’t think his struggles at the masters are course related. He’s probably traded three times at odds on to win one. His huge flaw is his inability to take his medicine after a bad shot. The triple bogey yesterday should have been a bogey. I guess it served him well in his earlier major wins and it’s likely when he wins a major again it’ll be five or six shots when he has those perfect rounds. He also seems to have concentration issues after missing putts and looks like he wants to run to the next hole before he has tidied up. Every dropped shot is worth the same in golf.

Was having the exact same argument with a mate and f mine today…he really struggles to deal with a fuck up…when he’s on his game he’s unbelievable but seems to struggle to let a fuck up go

Ya it’s becoming more and more apparent. He doesn’t seem to realise there’s such things as good bogeys. When Scott made the mistake and it was clear he was going to drop the shot mcilroy should have been thinking a par here and I’m heaping the pressure on him. Instead he’s thinking birdie and ends up with a triple bogey. Tiger is the master of playing the course. He completely finished molinari at the masters last year by just parring the holes.

1 Like

He compounds errors. That’s his biggest issue. And then he loses discipline and starts chasing. He needs a good caddy like Bones McKay or someone like that. Not a yes man. I dont think he has the short game for Augusta. I have seen him 3 and 4 putt far too many times around there. He might win one yet but I think it is more likely he doesn’t win one tbh. It’s now 6 years since he last won a major and the longer than run continues the tougher it will get.

Beginning to warm to Rory. Between this and the Saudi boycott he’s beginning to look less odious than a lot of the cunts.

7 Likes

He’s one of the nicest fellas around. Very engaging for a pro sportsman too. I love the way he winds the Sinn Fein/ira/Celtic fans on here too.

2 Likes

Time to fall in mate.

One of our greatest ever sportsmen. I agree with your above comments about his inability to let fuckups go as well. I’m not sure does he need a sports psychologist or a better caddy. At least the caddy can deal with those situations in the moment.

Needs a caddy change imo

Didn’t he move from yer man JP?

It’s his best mate from when they were kids…not sure that’s a good idea imo

Agree with you on that

Problem is does he really care that much. The real elite level sportsmens that stay at the top for prolonged periods are usually nuts or unhinged. McIlroy seems to be just enjoying it.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

What did he do?

He got to -5 under at one stage and joint leader. 1 over now.

he shit his togs again? He must a serious bowel problem?