Rory McIlroy

Extra motivation for Mcilcunt tomorrow

Rory McIlroy paid tribute to the Queen’s “dignity, dedication and grace personified”, adding: “I think growing up in Northern Ireland the Royal Family was part of our culture and you just sort of took it for granted that the Queen is the Queen.

“You don’t realise that there’s going to be kings and queens after that. She was such a steadying figure for the entire country.

“I was very fortunate, I got to meet her a few years ago and she could not have been nicer. I have the picture of that in my house alongside my MBE, which I am very proud of as well.

2 Likes

Those uncomfortable with their Irish heritage will have an issue with that.

2 Likes
1 Like

That’ll drive a lot of lads up the wall.

1 Like

He has matured as a nation

1 Like
6 Likes

He’s 8 under against the card through 17 and yet this Herbert chap hasn’t gone away.
Super golf from both protagonists.

Finished with a birdie to win it (2 up). He’s motoring well.

All square going to the last against Schauffle

A birdie putt wins it for Rory

3 Likes

He’s played serious golf today. The odd, rare blip but some majestic strokes negated these.
Scheffler the man to beat you’d fell, when he hits his stride he’s a juggernaut.

1 Like

What a time to be a Rory fan

He’s stemmed the leak with a solid par after three (3) bogeys in a row. -1 through 8 today.
I’d say it’s full duck or no dinner here at the par 4 ninth

Solid 325 yard drive on the edge of the fairway. 183 to flag. Time for a quick decade of the Rosary.

He’s lost the plot entirely here. Bogeys to bate the band. 7 iron in the river time…

He’s nearly ready

IMG_0112

Come on Rory

I feel so sorry for him at this stage i hope he wins something. A pure misfortune. Telpis.

2 Likes

Beaten here anyway