Ross County v Celtic

The latest group of players to be assigned 10 days off are Forster, Mulgrew, Izaguirre, Samaras and Hooper.

However, Izaguirre turned up for training every day anyway and starts today. :smiley:

Interesting to see Ambrose get the nod in midfield. I think this is a cup final option with the midfield suspensions and injuries.

It’s a 4-3-3 / 4-3-1-2 type set up:

Zaluska,
Lustig, Wilson, Gershon, Izaguirre,
McGeouch, Ambrose, Ledley,
Commons, Stokes, Watt.

Looking forward to seeing Stokes and Watt up front.

Yeah I think Ambrose is useless in midfield but with Rogic playing poorly last week I think we’re stuck with him.

Overdue chance for Gershon at the back and an exciting attacking trio.

Stokesy!!!1

That’s a great take from Stokes, he anticipates it perfectly and has the composure to swivel and rifle it home with his left. Stokes is definitely our best striker.

Commons seems to be playing as a withdrawn striker with Stokes and Watt manning the flanks.

I am seething with this surface. If you can’t grow grass you should be forced to invest in an artificial surface. This is chronic.

Gershon is having a great game.

Michael Stewart is a horrific co-commentator. Speaking entirely in clichés and still getting everything wrong.

Fuck that was some hit but we’d nobody within 10 metres of him.

Clumsy tackle by Ambrose to give freekick away. He really needs to cut out these sloppy pieces of play.

That looked level to me. Watt denied by the flag.

Rotten decision to deny Watt there.

This is following the pattern of recent games. Fast start and early goal for Celtic but don’t double the advantage, get a bit sloppy and drop tempo, concede the equaliser and then fall foul of some masonry by the officials. I’d like to see some purpose and tempo here.

This referee is typically pathetic.

It’s that zombie McLean, isn’t it?

It is indeed.

We look fairly comfortable holding on for a point here.

Christ that was poor. The auditions to find a midfielder for the cup final should continue. Feel a little sorry for McGeouch being asked to play narrow in an ineffective midfield on a shite surface. Not much of an opportunity to impress.