Rte radio one

I enjoy “On this Day” with Myles Duggan every Friday.

Has Jonathan Rachel Clynch returned to the airwaves since declaring him/herself gender fluid?

Two items of interest. The chap doing the sport on Morning Ireland said that the Cork LGF team was the barometer against which all other teams should be measured. Would you measure anything against a barometer.

Ryan Tubridy was going to do a piece on Donal Lenihans new book My Life in Rugby. I didn’t hear it though. Frankly I’d struggle to think of anything that would have the potential to be as boring and irrelevant to me as a book by Donal Lenihan called My Life in Rugby. Except maybe Donal Lenihan discussing his new book My Life in Rugby.

3 Likes

I wonder if Micheal Corcoran has written the introduction to it?

Apparently they used to sing the Sash on the team bus.

It’s probably a pile of bollox of a book but Lenihan has a better story to tell than vast majority of “sportsmen” who release books. His dad played football for Cork and was all Ireland heavyweight champ, he went on three Lions tours as a player and once as a manager in the pro era which turned into an absolute shambles.

Not many Irish guys have straddled amateur and pro era at as high a level as he has. FWIW Donal is also an absolute gent and a good man to sink pints and tell a few 'off the records ’

Perhaps but he comes across as the quintessential boring Cork rugby cunt.

Unusual enough that someone outside of Cork might take a negative view of one of us

2 Likes

I think Donal Lenihan comes across as a fairly alright sort too, pal. I’m actually thinking of getting into rugby football ahead of the autumn series.

Welcome aboard

Your flip flops on rugby have become one of the most stale aspects of the forum, pal. You’ve done this to death before.

2 Likes

Noted, mate. I think I’ll continue despising rugby football so but I’ll let you know if I change my mind.

Cheers mate. I hate the oul

Davy Tweed in the lead I suppose.

Jim McCoy of the RUC and Captain Brian McCall of the British Army, I’d imagine.

It must have been rousing stuff.

It was great for building team spirit, singing the Anthem of the Orange Order, for bringing the bigoted Protestants and servile Catholics together as one unified force.

I hope the taigs knew their place

Even his own despised Davy Tweed

good few years back mate of mine (who is a big man, maybe 6 ft 2 and 19 stone) decided he would make a name for himself and put Davy on his arse in an AIL game. Davy was well in his 40s at the time. Mate got two big clean direct hits onto Davy anyways, not even a blink. Ref said, to punish you Im going to leave you on the pitch!!

They were told to sit into the bus and get their own dinner after anyways, horrible shower of pricks up there.