The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Tis awful sad tis awful sad

Looking at the teams after the first 4 rounds, its clear that some of the leading lights from the last couple of years have dropped a bit and it’s a pretty wide open competition for about 5 or 6 teams, including Munster and Leinster.

Saracens and Toulon are well off their previous high standards. Still dangerous but beatable. Clermont are Clermont, look unplayable at times but still have a glass jaw. La Rochelle have potential but very few teams come from nowhere to win the whole thing. Racing, Bath, Montpellier are all a bit meh too.

With the right draw, Leinster, and to a lesser extent Munster, can have realistic ambitions to get to Bilbao for May.

I’ve no issue with Munster Rugby, it’s the fans I despise.

2 Likes

Wait til the next one of the boys gets “offered” corporate tickets and “wonder” should they go along. Ah does be great.

1 Like

He has plenty time

2 Likes

"Ah id a grand day out the match was boring but twas grand I hate the fans etc etc " :joy:

He does in theory. 25 now. He needs ten games in a row and not sure where he is gonna get it barring keatley gets injured

Jan serfontain won young world player of yr when JJ was nominated he has 20 Springbok caps now. Season before the three nominees were George ford, Whitelock and Sam Kane.

Year after Sam Davies and Ardie Savea were nominated. Both full internationals.

Hes been v unlucky with injuries. But availability is the most important ability in pro rugby ( great line that cc Stephen Ferris)

I think you’ve summed up others criticism of rugby very succinctly there mate

Same applies in every sport mate

Of course it does.

Look at Cadogan or Darren O’Sullivan. Unfullfilled careers

Cadogan got the max from his talent in both codes .

Could jj not still go to connacht?
Seems ludicrous that he’s warming a bench.

He’s only just back in the country. Why would he go to Connacht? He’s played a few games this year, he’s got a lot of work to do to get back up to speed. Its not like Munster have a surfeit of backline talent either. If he gets a run of fitness, he’ll get gametime, especially over the Christmas period.

Anyway, its not like Connacht are the poor relation they once were either. JJ needs to settle down, knuckle down, concentrate on getting fit, and fighting for a place.

Thats awful rubbish. Sure he hardly played hurling

They were missing Bleyendal Earls Conway Farrel and Taute from backline options yday and he still didnt get on the pitch. Options not bad to be fair

He could. Could even go on loan for a few months. He is needed for cover for now though

He needs to find form and a position. He’ll be on that bench for a while until he does that.

1 Like

He was an average enough hurler .

We’ll never know will we.

Cork fucked him, Walsh et al with this nobsense romantic dual shit

Great doc on eir sport about the 80’s triple crowns

Sport was fucking awesome then