The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

The milkman always delivers.

Or you could just read the article I replied to you with. Read the headline even.

Well I don’t think that was the final destination in either sport for him tbf.

I had thought he was seen on a talent level of Tomás O’Leary and Darren Sweetman for Cork but I really wouldn’t know.

Edit: looks like he isn’t actually in the full academy yet.

Sweetnam was starting for Cork just out of minor. Totally different level

Came on in a club game and got roasted. It’s a sign that hurling is really growing in Dublin, I don’t imagine 15 years ago there were many Belvedere alumni who had to make the hard decision to walk away from being a sub for the club hurling team to take an academy position with Leinster.

He was what, 15/16 at the time vs a 27 year old intercounty player?

18 Tim, player welfare is a big thing in other sports so he couldn’t play adult hurling until he was over 17.

17 or 18? It says he played that in October 2016 when he would have just started 5th year in school.

1 Like

Dealt with in a prompt and decisive manner with a lifetime ban.

A fella in a Mayo jersey hopped the railing and went to attack the ref in an AI semi final and needed his daughter to drag him away. An oul nod an an oul wink and yerrah isnt he a legend and no more about it…

Face the facts and the truth will set you free

Oooooooooffffffft

Cant play adult rugby at 17. Not til out of u 18.5 age group in Munster anyway

He was banned

For a year :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You said no more about it. Try not to mislead the board please.

No 2 years ago it says Tim, that’s 2017. Brigids didn’t make the qf in 2016 but they did play Cuala in a qf in October 2017, with Hawkshaw coming on as a 2nd half sub. Let me know if there is anything else I can clear up, I appreciate reading and comprehension isnt everyone’s strength.

Don’t know what source you are using for that Tim but dismiss it immediately.

I wonder why the lad plays for Clontarf RFC. Is there not a rugby club nearer to Castleknock in Coolmine or somewhere like that?

He played for Coolmine.

Would they not have an adult team?