Rugby Betting Scandal

The Welsh are really a working class soccer crowd that play rugby. If a rugby betting scandal was going to happen anywhere, it was inevitable it would be in Wales.

Nothing surprises me in professional rugby. It is best summed up by the fact that when 3 (three) countries were disqualified from this world cup for corruption they were replaced by Russia. When Putins laboratory lads get in because they are less corrupt than their opponents you know the game is up.

Maybe Rob Howley was actually interviewing for the Limerick FC job rather than Munster?

2 Likes

That’s kind of genius to be fair. Obviously didn’t cover his tracks very well

Whatever happened to Geoff?

He retired the username due to the real Geoffrey Boycott being a horrible cunt

He’s still logging in though god bless him.

What a fucking idiot. I thought these rugby types were supposed to be a lot brighter than us common oiks.

They’re concussed sure.

The chap has probably had more bangs to the head than a re-used nail

1 Like

I don’t like saying this but @Juhniallio and some of his cronies once placed a bet on a rugby match I was playing in based on insider information that they gleaned from me.

I left the sport soon after.

5 Likes

By your own volition or were you rumbled Rob Howley style?

It’s important to admit you once played Rugby. I’m sorry we had to plum such depths to force you to cut your ties with the sport.

I can’t believe @Copper_pipe didn’t have us in on this.

3 Likes

My guy only bets on sports.

15 Likes

I left of my own will unfortunately. I would have felt far less shame if I’d been rumbled. The disgusting thing is they had no interest in catching me. I loved the game until then.

He would only have been a sparkle in the oul lad’s @Lead_pipe at the time.

I think it’s pretty good as well. Having a fella at the back of a drive off the lineout designated to be the fella would surely drop his probabbility hugely.
It’s covering up where you’ve had your money on is the problem. The fucking idiot cousin you think is sound but can’t help telling people is the big problem.

1 Like

What would the likes of Howley be getting paid I wonder? cc @gilgamboa
£6,000 on what can’t have been any better than an even money shot would hardly be worth risking your career for? Even if you were doing it 5 or 6 times a season that’s only say £30k and, even if there was better odds on first try scorer, you couldn’t be putting good money on that sure anything could happen.

1 Like

Would give you a decent edge alright, but a lot could go wrong too.