Rugby - June 2016 End of season meaningless friendlies

Real depth in nearly every position but one glaring weakness. Weā€™re in serious trouble at scrum half if anything happens to Conor Murray.

Yes I canā€™t really understand why Cooney hasnā€™t been given a chance. Heā€™s a talented player and excelled in an awful ulster team.

Did you watch the game yesterday, he was absolutely outstanding in Defense.

???

Heā€™s extremely limited. Good defender and teak tough but when it comes to opening up a defense he isnā€™t at the required level. He simply doesnā€™t have the hands. Likewise as good a twelve henshaw is heā€™s seriously suspect going forward at 13. Couldnā€™t have them together in a centre partnership going forward. You need that creativity in your midfield.

Yeah centre is an issue of balance. Henshaw and Ringrose is clearly the best choice but I wouldnā€™t mind seeing any of them lining up with Ringrose really.

1 Like

A mate told me Dillane is out of favour cause he canā€™t keep track of the lineout calls at all, any truth?

Henshaw seemed like a player with great creativity playing 15 and 13 at Connacht and now heā€™s a bosh merchant 12, Aki is probably better at that job than henshaw.

1 Like

Is a 33 year old Rob Kearney at full back not a bit of concern for Ireland at the world cup? He does the basics excellently but Iā€™d have thought to go far in a world cup you need a bit more. Is there any chance of Lamour taking that spot in the next 14 months?

1 Like

His mother died a few months back and she was ill beforehand. Thats my understanding of his poor form. Not knowing the lineout calls would be a cardinal sin for schmidt alright, we dont have many athletes like dillane though

1 Like

If some of the illiterate idiots who play American football can remember intricate calls than so can rugby players for relatively few lineout calls.

I hope thatā€™s the reason and not what I heard, heā€™s an outrageous athlete, would love to see him back in the team. They have to lose Kearney by next year.

Fair enough but dillane is on rollerblades in the scrum. Some footballer all the same.

Irish rugby / English soccerā€¦

1 Like

Either way the loudest haters of English soccer/Irish rugby are in the thrall of them.

Henshaw is a vastly superior 12 to aki but isnā€™t a 13. Itā€™s remarkable how easy ringrose has replaced BOD. If him or Murray go down where fucked.

We can win without Ringrose but lose a lot.

Big worry is that he is picking up a lot of injuries.

I think without ringrose weā€™re too easy to defend. As I said before bob offers nothing but has outstanding basics. You need a lad that create something from nothing at 15 particularly if weā€™ve aki/henshaw in the centres.