Rugby - June 2016 End of season meaningless friendlies

You can see the devastation written all over Pocockā€™s face there after losing the Grand Final.

1 Like

Irelands squad depth is phenomenal:

Healy, Cronin, McGrath
Best, Scannell, Cronin, Herring.
Furlong, Ryan, Porter
Ryan, Henderson, Toner, Beirne
POM, Ruddock,
O Brien, Van Der Flier, Leavy
Stander, Conan, Murphy
Murray, Cooney, McGrath
Sexton, Carberry, Byrne
Earls, Conway, Stockdale
Henshaw, Aki
Ringrose, Farrell
Kearney, Lamour

Possibly a little bit light in backs particularly out wide. Iā€™d say 28 or 29 of our 31 world cup touring squad will be in that list.

Not as devastated as yourself obviously

2 Likes

@dodgy_keeper canā€™t understand how they arenā€™t throwing pizza at one another in the dressing room.

Wonderful to see the middle class connecting across the world like that.

Surely Rob Kearney will be gone for world cup?

Looks like my good pal Danny cipriani must have played well cc all the mockers and the doubters*

*I only saw the result just there now and I have no idea.

Or taunting each other about Hillsborough/Heysel or staying on the right side of ice at Munich airport. Soccer really is a classy sport.

1 Like

Just watching England putting on an exhilarating display at the football world cup and the way their manager is respected by all in the beautiful game. In sharp contrast to poor Eddie Jones who has been assaulted more than once by rugby ā€˜fansā€™ which has clearly badly impacted on both Eddie and the national rugby team.

Comprehensive list. Only others potentially in mix at this point

Kilcoyne, probably ahead of Cronin if he keeps himself busy. Tiernan o Halloran could come into the equation with a big season, in a position we are light enough. Ultan dillane ditto albeit much stronger in the 2nd row.

One guy who probably wont make it but should have been given a chance in Oz is Rory Scannell. Completely different option to all our other centres and a left footed kicker. Very short of a 2nd playmaker in back line if Ringrose isnt there. Scannell is an outstanding player.

Rhys Marshall will be IQ by then as well.

Think Cronin had a fantastic end of year and is ahead of Kilcoyne. Tiernan o halliran is on the naughty list and Iā€™d be surprised if heā€™s involved again. Hasnā€™t got a squeak in months from joe. Canā€™t see dillane forcing himself in either. Heā€™s bizarelly behind Quinn Roux. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if injuries came and we saw zebo or donnacha ryan involved too.

Agree re rory scannell

1 Like

I havenā€™t really seen Scannel produce great performances at all yet. You obviously rate him very highly-what are you basing it on?

Munsters backs by and large have been poorly coached. Scannell has been a constant bright spark particularly when keatley throws in a stinker. Heā€™s a lovley passer and a hardy bastard in defense. Playing outside Js10 and inside ringrose is completely different to what he plays with at munster. Gilgamboa is dead right without ringrose Ireland struggle massively to create.

That and at least a decent reply, he thinks heā€™s gas all the same the poor god help us.

Stop banging that drum, mate. He wonā€™t be in contention.

Iā€™d say he has a massive chance if there is injuries. If two of toner, henderson, james ryan and beirne were out heā€™d be straight in.

Dillane had a quiet season down to a family issue wouldnt take too much notice of it. Kilcoyne well ahead of Cronin really. Better at pretty much everything

1 Like

Hes consistently excellent IMO. Holds the backline together outside poor 10s. Carrys the ball unbelievably well for his size. Top top player

Bundee is extremely limited