Rugby Players Rape Trial

What about it?

It’s 50-50 ffs

Trust me. You do not live in the real world.

And I know those words weren’t included to make me jump.

They were included because you’re desperately trying to convince yourself against all the evidence that whatever imagined fantasy island you live on is real. It isn’t. It’s the island “Kev”, forever to be marooned on its own in one man’s fantastically fertile yet dismally barren mind, its sole inhabitant destined to devour himself in a solo performance of Lord of the Flies.

1 Like

It’s not coming up on my phone, it’s a while back on my link here. However I am surprised at that result. I expect the lads may be acquited. I’m unconvinced of guilt either way. Both parties have their own compelling reasons to be found innocent. I do believe that the complainant may have initially consented, and I am reluctant to believe the defendants knowingly committed rape.

2 Likes

A point made by the defence, but could very easily apply to his own defendant

2 Likes

There were too many defendants in this case, any muddying of the waters can cause reasonable doubt, no matter whether rape occurred or not it could result in acquittal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seSOEUtiFzo

1 Like

If jackson walks will they all walk?

For rape absolutely

McIlroy should do time for being a pothole

Serious question. Something untoward probably went on but probably not what jackson and olding are charged with. If their charges fall through I can’t see the jury relying on her testimony. The judge can direct the jury to acquit?

It wasn’t a plane clash, mate.

1 Like

*crash ?

1 Like

Thanks mate. I thought it was a plane crash.

Unreal. I’ve been well and truly hoisted by my own petard there.

No, I’m just a pedantic annoying advocate

Indeed.

Now my attempt at a smart remark only applies to plane crashes where two planes collided with each other, such as the 1977 Tenerife disaster where a Pan Am 747 landed on top of a KLM plane which was taking off, and the 2002 crash over Germany in which a Boeing 757 cargo plane crashed into a Russian Tupolev carrying a load of kids on a school trip. That was the one where a parent of one of the Russian children killed went mental and ended up stabbing to death the air traffic controller responsible for giving clearance to the plane a couple of years later.

1 Like

Thanks Sidney. That’s remarkable. It reminds me of that film I can’t remember the name of.
You’re not planning to go berserk and stab me by any chance?

I’m sure @caoimhaoin, @TheUlteriorMotive and others would have a view on that.

Magnolia. That’s it

A nation holds its breath