Rugby Summer Tour

Soccer types like @Thomas_Brady and @dodgy_keeper place so much hope in the Ireland for a bit of vicarious success and feel good factor. The rugby crew on here did try and warn them about Fortress Eden Park.

They’ll just have to dust themselves down for All Ireland semi final Sunday on the Limerick hurling bandwagon tomorrow. That’s if there isn’t a piss up going on elsewhere.

1 Like

Noddy says Ireland are useless.

1 Like

It might sound bizarre, but Ireland have often played much worse and been beaten by less.

It’s been a strange game, largely decided by that 10 minute spell in the first half. Ireland haven’t actually been that bad and have been competitive in nearly every aspect of the game. Now, NZ look a bit undercooked, in fairness, but Eden Park is probably worth 10 points to them anyway.

There isn’t major surgery required, though you’d feel NZ will only improve as this series goes on.

5 Likes

Sheehan in time will be an excellent player.

Is he good at scrummaging and throwing the ball into the line out?

1 Like

9 and 10 are massive issues for Ireland.

Won the second half

1 Like

The score flatters them to be fair. Ireland were the better team for the first 30 odd minutes. A freak mistake by Ringrose and Lowe allowed NZ a cheap try to turn the game on its head. Left 7 behind us when Carbery and JVDF couldn’t ground the ball that time. They’ve just been far more clinical I suppose.

Loose head must be an issue too. Porter played 84 minutes despite being fucked backwards in every scrum.

Draw I think.

1 Like

How were New Zealand’s backs to the wall?

Kilcoyne/Warwick/josh whycherly might help that.

The New Zealand manager was close to the sack apparently.

10 mins before HT (just after sexton went off) and 2 Trys not finished confirmed by TMO were the difference

They brought in a rule that if you hadn’t played international rugby for three or four years you could go back and play for your country of heritage… Some nuance you have to play a number of sevens games first or something

Wycherly is no where nesr international level yet let alone playing vs NZ surprised killer wasnt brought. Is he injured?

Ya Gibson park didn’t help matters at all and sexton just isn’t at it any more. 14-5 down was bad but we’d a penalty on half way. You kick that down the line all day and get some possession. Instead Gibson park takes a quick tap and it’s 21-5.

I mentioned it a few days ago. It’s about staying in these games for the first half.

I don’t mind it. I despise the constant bashing at the line

Josh is a much better player than loughman who travelled.

I heard him and Thomas ahern were told to stay home and take a long pre season of bulking up. Think Wycherley is only 108 kg which is extremely light for his position.,

Yes

1 Like