Rugby Summer Tour

Hasn’t every Ireland manager in the pro era been a school teacher?

Farrell is completely different to any manager we’ve had. I’m surprised we’ve done so well under him and I don’t think he’s picking from the best hand digger.

His selection policy is hard to figure out. He picked Gibson park from nowhere really. Treadwell isn’t a starter for Ulster. Loighman was behind Wycherley at Munster.

He seems to just like certain players. Like I get why Conan is ahead of Coombes. Larmour was well behind jimmy o brien at Leinster too but he seems reluctant to use Connor Murray but still won’t give Casey a chance. Joey was poor last week and missed a lot of tackles which is a cornerstone to Farrells team and still Frawley isn’t picked.

Maybe they are trying to replicate a World Cup where’ll have to play 3 games in 14 days against a high quality opposition and seeing how the squad copes with that.

To be fair to Sexton he’s starting three top-class games in as many weeks. Hasn’t done that for a while - and obviously the big risk with the RWC.

In the last 12-18 months Sexton has gotten even more influential while Carbery has just stalled for club and country. I think there’s more of a question mark over the back-up 10 than there is at starter at this point

1 Like

I think the one thing for Farrell and Ireland is Munster are by far the worst coached team of the four provinces.

If the coaching ticket in Munster is good you could see several players significantly improve and that would be huge for Ireland.

2 Likes

Fair enough we will agree to disagree :+1:

Very few top end Union coaches have come from league either barring Shaun Edwards and he was always happy to a role specific no 2

Farrell had the benefit of playing both codes

He did but he played limited enough union in fairness

Ireland need to play the second string. If they win, we’ll have done em with the second string. If we lose they’ll know beat em and got out the gate without them getting revenge. We’ll fucking have em mentally

Series win.

World Cup semi-final for me. Imagine the buzz of a semi-final against a beatable enough England team next year.

A World Cup semi final, I assume that means we don’t win it?
Then I think the win over the All Blacks is better,

If it’s the opportunity to play in a semi final and see how the cards roll then it’s the Semi Final

But neither means anything much to me

1 Like

IRELAND Team & Replacements (v New Zealand, Sky Stadium, Wellington, 2022 Summer Tour Third Test, Saturday, July 16, kick-off 7.05pm local time/8.05am Irish time):

Player/Club/Province/Caps –

15. Hugo Keenan (UCD/Leinster) 22
14. Mack Hansen (Connacht) 5
13. Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Leinster) 59
12. Bundee Aki (Galwegians/Connacht) 39
11. James Lowe (Leinster) 14
10. Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) (capt) 107
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (Leinster) 19
1. Andrew Porter (UCD/Leinster) 45
2. Dan Sheehan (Lansdowne/Leinster) 9
3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster) 59
4. Tadhg Beirne (Lansdowne/Munster) 32
5. James Ryan (UCD/Leinster) 45
6. Peter O’Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) 86
7. Josh van der Flier (UCD/Leinster) 42
8. Caelan Doris (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 19

Replacements:

16. Rob Herring (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 27
17. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster) 117
18. Finlay Bealham (Buccaneers/Connacht) 24
19. Kieran Treadwell (Ballymena/Ulster) 7
20. Jack Conan (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 29
21. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster) 98
22. Joey Carbery (Clontarf/Munster) 34
23. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster) 97

Lowe Aki and Gibson Park wouldn’t make the all blacks D team yet here they are. It’s a funny old game.

The greatest ever achievment by an Irish team abroad? It’ll edge the cricket heroics

We are going to do it

3 Likes

Looking forward to it. Hoping they get off to another great start today.

Without fail i will always declare irelands call is a disgrace when its played.

A cod of a song

God Defend New Zealand is a fine anthem.

1 Like

What a start.

Brilliant