Rugby Summer Tour

Panicked enough move Whitelock back after declaring him out for series before the 2nd test. More solid looking outfit there with Jordan in as well

2 Likes

I was expecting young Frawley to come in for Cadbury. He’s at the very minimum leapfrogged into 3rd choice OH in spite of being a centre at provincial.

Very hard to figure farrells selection policy at times.

I’d have been interested to see Frawley as well, Bundee is solid as fuck but Frawley and Henshaw in the centre wouldve been interesting.

Was always gonna be few changes with the midweek game… V disappointing that casey Coombes and frawley won’t see any test action

1 Like

It’s pure short term thinking that costs dearly at every World Cup

1 Like

Agreed. Scheduling the Maori games ruined the tour

Is Coombes out with Farrell over not doing the second row?

Coombes should definitely be on the bench, he’d be an impact player and has more upside at this stage than the Leinster fella Conan.

1 Like

I’m not really sure that’s coming into it tbh.

The Maoris are fine if they can actually be a stepping stone which Casey, Coombes and Frawley sure should have benefitted from. We know what we’re getting from lads like Murray, Bundee and Doris at this stage.

They started Keith Earls in the opening game knowing full well it was highly likely he’d be needed for the Saturday.

I doubt the fact Coombes, Frawley and Casey played Tuesday ruled them out for the game on Saturday.

I’d say it’s possible Farrell is happy to pick older heads like earls, Murray etc until the younger lads meet some requirements he’s set out. I heard before Coombes struggled massively at a training camp.

I would have thought that the aim for the tour would be expanding the team and playing pool and maybe sneaking one win. Minimum necessary giving carbery a couple of starts, getting Coombes in the team, get Casey a few runs and maybe a few more. Instead they’re looking at a series win and maybe the Maori games are good enough matches to develop the rest of the players? So maybe that’s a success all round? The squad still looks fucked for outhalf in the near term.

1 Like

I’d say Coombes would go into the 2nd row nó probs if he was asked. He wasn’t gonna play 80 mins tue and have much in tank for this weekend

They were v tight on wing with hansen having covid tho

Still they could have easily avoided it by picking Lowry.

I just don’t seeing it having any impact on selection.

There was a quote attributed to Andy Farrell somewhere which was it’s my job to win today and win tomorrow.

Fans love this development idea but in reality we don’t see what’s happening training. If Casey/Coombes aren’t performing in training they won’t get picked.

I’m slightly surprised Frawley isn’t in for Joey tbh.

Lowry and Balacoune look the Orish backs with the most cutting edge if Farrell can trust their defence, catching/kicking and positioning

I don’t really rate Lowry tbh.

Joey’s place kicking seems to be his trp card very solid.

Frawley’s looked very good too the last day which bodes very well as he looks the more rounded player.

Electric with space in front of him in fairness to him but will be hard oust Keenan.

Can play 10 as well but that won’t happen with Ireland.