Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Scotland were missing Allan Dell, John Barclay and Hamish Watson from their pack when Ireland faced them at Murrayfield back in February. Stuart Hogg went off injured after 15 minutes as well. Scotland are pretty much at full strength for Sunday. Ireland on the other hand, missing 5 starters from their strongest starting possible team. That really levels the playing field.

1 Like

We will beat them by 17 points.

Ya heā€™d rather Nz in a qf, Iā€™d say his brain damaged. Nz have the potential to beat us 60-0 again. Sure England put 45 points on us. I dunno. Earls Kearney sexton Ć³ Mahoney henshaw are held together by sticky tape, best is pushing 40, weā€™d be doing well to get over Scotland not to mind Nz.

1 Like

I would give Ireland a tentative nod to win by about 3 points. I expect it to go to the wire.

1 Like

Limerick city khiiiiid

Avoiding one of the big dogs of SA or NZ until a semi would certainly be a more preferable setup.

Irelandā€™s game plan of repeatedly running into the nearest defender with the ball over and over again would probably be more effective against NZ that SA. Unless coach Schmidt has added some new weapons to our armoury of course. Time will tell.

Did you go for the chaaaawklit pudding?

Ahh now weā€™re past that type of rugby, itā€™s box kick after box kick now.

Do you want it handed on a plate to you altogether?

Ireland have beaten SA a few times this decade and should have no fear of them. Ireland have beaten NZ two out of the last three times we played them, the time before that was 2013, long enough ago to discount.

Ireland are the number one team in the world. Not NZ or SA. What about that do the rugby crowd not understand? They couldnā€™t have the thing any fucking handier.

Can you describe how the free scoring Walsh attack works you were bigging up earlier in the week?

2 Likes

Guys guys this thread! Its the world in union, the nations most popular sports team. Canā€™t we all just get along?

Bizarrely, its the rubby guys who cant get behind the team.

Ireland are the number 1 ranked team in the world. Ranking points are accumulated over a long number of years though. New Zealand and South Africa are currently the best teams in the world. Ireland are fourth favourite with the bookies which is pretty much where Ireland are currently. Fourth maybe fifth best team in the world.

Blow it out your Cork hole

I wouldnā€™t say no.

Point is you said it couldnā€™t be setup any better for us and clearly could. For a team whoā€™ve never made the semi, avoiding a behemoth in a quarter would be a better setup.

Crusade away, just responding to elements youā€™ve put out there.

1 Like

Iā€™m obsessed with the rankings? :grin:

Whatā€™s your evidence for this?

I couldnā€™t give a flying shit about them, mate

More of the poor mouth, setting up excuses for failure before the thing has even started.

Youll only piss on it if i do you kilkenny wanker.

Do you believe Ireland are better than New Zealand and South Africa at the moment out of curiosity?