Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Which behemoth? The one that we’ve beaten two out of the last three times we’ve played and that we’re ahead of in the world rankings is it?

Yes, they are ranked higher on merit.

Also @glasagusban can you please expand on this. You keep saying how great the Irish attack is and how Ireland just run at opposition players? Ireland has more tries, more line breaks and more defenders beaten than Wales in the last six nations.

The rankings are over four years. That’s very different to being the best team currently. Over the last four years Ireland have been the best team. I’m talking about at the moment.

1 Like

:rofl:

So your not going to expand on this great Welsh attack? By any chance did you dream up Wales had a good attack and when the facts were presented you resorted to childish remarks? It’s widely accepted try scoring ability is Wales weakest point in their game.

2 Likes

Yes. 100%… Ignore the last few friendlies. We are the best team by a distance in the Europe …more importantly, we have the handiest group possible that allows us buold a head of steam. Its seriously on.

2 Likes

I asked you are Ireland better than New Zealand and South Africa at the moment. Yes or No.

I see a lot of similarities between the Limerick hurling team and the Ireland rugby team and I don’t just mean the colour of the jerseys and the crossover of support. Both were the best in the world in 2018. Both ranked as Number 1 in 2019 while operating nowhere near 2018 levels.

1 Like

Tis on d way. Il throw up a snap when it comes

More apt comparison would be over the last four seasons Real Madrid have been the best team in Europe. Over the last 6 months they are a rabble. It really isn’t hard to get your head around it. Unless of course you are simple.

Never watched a world cup before this one no?

5.45 kick off in the morning folks for Australia v Fiji so an early start. We should wrap it up soon for the night so we’re all fresh and ready to go again for the big triple header.

5 Likes

Our 2011 team was vastly superior to our squad this year. 2015 too. Big difference is the coaching ticket and and a full cycle with players. more depth now than 2015 but starting 15 v 15 I’d slightly edge the 2015 side. I think our scrum is a weapon for the first time which is huge in a competition like this. One worry is our back row. Think Murray and Sexton have taken 12 months off pretty much just for this tournament not too dissimilar to mccaw and carter before 2015. Overall I’m very confident. Wonder if South africa win tomorrow what effect it’ll have on Scotland and Ireland.

I’ve my alarm set for 5 am.

3 Likes

Yes.

Ditto. What time does coverage start?

5 30 am.

I’ll empty my colostomy bag all over your montenotti head

2 Likes

South Africa or New Zealand in a quarter final is much of a muchness.