Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

I just couldn’t call it at this stage, thirteen days out. Maybe the forums most astute observer of rugby @gilgamboa will be able to make a call on it.

The 4 day turnaround will do for the scots. Japs eye the quarters

1 Like

Might Scotland run the risk of fielding a depleted team against Russia ahead of the Japan match four days later?

They are playing pool cannon fodder Russia though in that game. You’d imagine they’ll throw out the B Team. I’d have fancied the Japs to bate the Scotch before the tournament but the Scotch are forewarned now.

Would be ballsy. There will still need to be minimum 8 fellas benching who will be involved in both games

Scots were pathetic this morning IMO

Conditions were very difficult.

1 Like

Didn’t see it. This whole working lark is a pain. I’d better forward on Joe’s letter to the bossman ahead of Thursday.

2 Likes

Their last two tries were penalty tries. They struggled to breakdown the samoans big time.

And they’ll need the owl bonus point

1 Like

You cannot underestimate the value of a BP in this group. You really can’t

Great banter from Coach Schmidt.

Fred Cogley

It was humid as fuck

Is Samoa a savage humid country I dont know much about it? The roof was closed as well for some reason

Can you get two bonus points for a narrow loss with 4 tries?

Yes. But you’ve to drink with you left hand and not use the word ‘yes’ or ‘no’.

Yes

Yes. If you score four tries and lose by 7 or less, two bonus points. It’s a real incentive to play attacking, offensive rugby.

So if we went balls out attacking against Japan, didn’t bother defending, scored four tries and lost by 50 points, we would have ended up with the same number of bonus points (1).

Fascinating.