Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Nigel Benn was at the hypnosis too, he definitely was the night he effectively ended the life of Gerald McLellan anyway

I read recently that Nigel is coming out of retirement.

To quote the TFK sages “he would want his head examined…”

Wasn’t he living as some sort of religous preacher in Queensland or somewhere

I always thought there was a good book to be written about that period of boxing

“Four Princes” or something, based on the George Kimball book

1 Like

What age is he?

That won’t be licensed. There isn’t a commission in the world would sign off on that

Brexit will stage a bonfire of boxing safety regulations at 11pm on October 31st and it will go ahead

It will be ÂŁ49.95 on Sky pay per view

Benn was never the same after the McClellan fight .

Eubank was never the same after the Watson fight .

I assume Benn is skint

1 Like

When hearn and warren are both saying it shouldn’t go ahead, it probably shouldn’t go ahead

even worse …they gave John Lennon Yoko Ono! :smile:

1 Like

Jonathan Sexton selected to captain Ireland for the first time on Thursday in Kobe against Russia. A well deserved honour. The 106th man to captain the Ireland rugby team.

2 Likes

Continuing the tradition of great men in the role like Thrift, Hamlet, Galwey and O’Brien

1 Like

Interesting choice of captain, particularly as Peter O’Mahony is also on the pitch. Also noteworthy that Sexton was up to speak after the loss at the weekend.

I wonder whether Schmidt is beginning to think that he shouldn’t put all his chips on O’Mahony and Best for a QF?

Ireland: Rob Kearney, Andrew Conway, Garry Ringrose, Bundee Aki, Keith Earls, Johnny Sexton (capt), Luke McGrath; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan, Jean Kleyn Tadhg Beirne, Rhys Ruddock, Peter O’Mahony, Jordi Murphy.

Replacements: Sean Cronin, Andrew Porter, Tadhg Furlong, Iain Henderson, CJ Stander, Joey Carbery, Jack Carty, Jordan Larmour.

You’d have to be very concerned about that side.

Best and O’Mahony have to be under pressure to hold on to their places based on current form.

1 Like

That’s pretty much the second string?

I’d forgotten John Ryan was still knocking about

I laugh every time I see Porter on a pitch – he’s the quintessential jock type — the way he parades around with chest puffed and arms out cracks me up – it doesnt matter a jot that the team may be losing, the important thing is that he’s big and strong and that everyone can see it… … he looks like a penis.

12 Likes

They couldnt find a foreigner to replace him.

1 Like

He’s a son of Ernie Porter, a stalwart of County Carlow Rugby Football Club.

2 Likes