Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Very surprising that they haven’t been able to maintain the form of 28 years ago — must be an off day today… the humidity.

14 Likes

No they are more like the team hockeyed by New Zealand in the 2003 and 2011 editions

The Maple Leaf has wilted

Jamie Cudmore flew the flag for them for a long time at elite European club level but is not in the squad this time at 41 years of age

His Wikipedia page says he’s still playing for Oyonnax in the Pro de Deux however

Was Gareth Rees the chunky fly half who had a maple leave design in his hair ?

1 Like

Mark Wyatt was a fine full-back

He was a goalkicker

I can’t remember if they called him Wyatt Earp

Former Ulster fly half Peter Nelson is the Canada no10. Peter currently is not on the books of any club.

:grinning:

Stephen Ireland loves this.

The good news for Peter is that he has never been accused of rape

Very straightlaced sort of chap

Maybe Galwegians could give him a game

He’s the sort of ginger former Ulster out half that would be welcome here

Three Barrets have scored now.

Didn’t Paul green go the Euros for Ireland with no club?

Correct - he wouldnt agree to money being offered by Derby so parted ways at the end of season, went to Euros, and was promptly signed by Leeds after the Euros

1 Like

63-0 now. 9 tries and 8 conversions

The maths don’t add up there mate

“I was hoping you’d ask me that”

One of the tries was a penalty try and you don’t convert them any more. You just get the seven points there and then.

3 Likes

Informative rating. Us 1 in 4 year fans wouldn’t be aware of the constant rule tweaking in rugby union.

2 Likes

Pool B is a real humdinger of a pool. The Kiwis vs Namibia will be one for the neutrals.

1 Like

Have Canada come closer to qualifying for a semi final than Ireland?

3 Likes

Michael Lynagh falling over the line in the last minute of the 91 quarter is about as close as you can get and likely still our closest after this world cup.

2 Likes

They got to the last five in 1991

I don’t think Ireland have ever done that

Last five of what, the match? Never heard of 5 semi finalists.