Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Worryingly big times regarding the back row
Does the IRFU have any project players who will be eligible by the start of the World Cup, aback rower could be handy.
Counting down the days until James “X-factor” Lowe is qualified.

Sadly Chris Cloete, who has already declared his undying love for Ireland and is the obvious replacement, isn’t qualified to play until next year. Ireland will have to go with just the 1 South African in the back row for the world cup but they should be a much stronger outfit for the big friendlies in 2020.

4 Likes

Ultan Dillane and Rory Scannell the first players to be cut from the preliminary squad.

Schmidt letting others do his dirty work?

Coach Schmdit had to take a few days leave to travel home to New Zealand. Family bereavement.

I’ll be seething if Jean Klein gets picked in the final squad. Seething.

Dillane was never in running really. Be v surprised if Kleyn makes the cut. Would need to be at Tadgh Beirne expense. The only advantage Kleyn has is size. Nowt else

Am told kleyn is on the plane.

that decision isnt made yet.

Your sources told me several times his career was over with a banjaxed shoulder

1 Like

Is he a SA reject import?
If so, I genuinely hope we get knocked out in the group stages if he’s in the squad, as its fucking pointless

1 Like

He is a project player yeah.

My sources tell me that Schmidt thinks Kleyn brings a different element to the second row and he may be favored as a result. He qualifies to play for Ireland two days before next Saturday’s test against Italy so it will be interesting to see if Schmidt plays him.

If he can fuck over an born and bred Irishman, Schmidt will do so.

1 Like

He’s an economic migrant who came to Ireland for work, to put a roof over his head and a better way of life. These are tough times in South Africa.

In fairness to him, he came to Ireland and made something of himself.

This is true, not all Africans can say the same.

Afrikaans

Africans.

He is a beacon of hope for all immigrants. A symbol of what they can achieve if they put their shoulder to the wheel.

1 Like