Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Willie Anderson was 29 but he was in cold storage for a good while after the incident in Argentina

Davy made his debut against France at Landowne Road in 1995. That game you referenced against Wales at the Arms Park was his second cap. At the time, he was the oldest every debutant in international rugby at 35 years 4 months. He may still hold that record, but not entirely sure on that.

His third and final cap was in a famous Ireland World Cup win against Japan in Bloemfontein.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Tweed played against France a couple of weeks earlier at Lansdowne Road, I think that was his debut

I attended that game, they lost 7-25, Simon Geoghegan got Ireland’s try when he chased down a neat little chip kick ahead by Maurice Field

@ChairmanDan has corrected me there

1 Like

Nathan White another fella who was into his 30s when capped…brian carney too

Would you not agree it’s terrible to watch? Ireland in particular are brutal to watch.

Oireland would appear to have too many piano shifters and not enough piano players.

Bish, bash, bosh, kick the ball away, repeat x100

1 Like

Japan really showed Ireland up in that respect.

I was there for the bod one

2 Likes

Joe is playing mind games can’t you see

Its not an Irish team when they refuse to sing the national anthem, fuck them cunts.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be my preferred style but I wouldnt agree its terrible to watch. Depends what you want out of it I guess.

1 Like

Great to see such original thought at this stage of the competition.

6 Likes

Good to see you’re up early.
As an aside, can someone tell me, if a team kick a penalty into touch, which clearly goes out over the line, but then bends back in, or is batted back in by a lad who has jumped out so he’s not touching the ground, does it not count as being in touch?

It doesn’t. Great example of same in Wales v Aus last wk at end of game.

Late. First trip to A and E with young fella. Fall, broken arm , tears, cast, bed. Wont be the last Im sure :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Jaysus, sorry about that. Bad break??

1 Like

Ah fuck, hope Junior is ok pal.

1 Like

Magnificent performance from the brave Los Lelos here. It should be 19-8 minimum at HT but for an incorrect TMO intervention on stroke of HT disallowing a try.

Australian discipline is cat. 2 yellows and multiple high tackles on top. Constant infringement at breakdown going unpunished too

1 Like

Thanks for the link. It makes it easier to rule I suppose. Seems odd when a penalty is awarded the three points even if the ball ends up landing back at the 22, once the plane of the posts is judged to be broken.
Anyhow, I hope the lads arm heals well. :grimacing:

1 Like