Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Left a lot of wins behind them.

Have we any Irish rugby equivalent of Kevin Davies (England association football) and Dave Guiney (Wexford hurling), @ChairmanDan?

Would Keith Wood have debuted there too on the 1994 tour?

I wouldnā€™t be a Franno fan at all Dan. But thats the beauty of the rubby. We can respect the fact we dont agree on everything.

1 Like

:popcorn:

I canā€™t understand your opinion that Ireland have a devine right to beat NZ, SA, France, Tans, Wales or even Argentina?

Correct. Woody made his debut in Ballymore in 1994 along with David Corkery and Jonathan Bell.

in soccer terms Ireland are way smaller than those nations.

Don Whittle Paris 1988 Paul Hogan Paris 1992 2 members of the Paris back row graveyard

1 Like

I doubt they made their debuts/swansongs at 33 though?

Maurice Field must have been pretty old when he was called into the Ireland team for his debut at Twickenham in '94, I think he was more like 30 than 33 though

Davy Tweed was pretty old when he made his debut

Than iceland?

Do the majority of Uruguay and croatias world cup teams come from a nearby country and have no actual connection to the country and have never lived there? That seriously ups irelands pool of players

ā€œDefineā€ :laughing:

apologies, I didnā€™t see Iceland ā€¦ Anyway, Football has very little competition in those countriesā€¦but then, you know all that.

Iceland have had one good team ever. Anyone can fluke one good team

Davy was 35 when he made his debut in the Arms park against the Welch in 1995

Kenny Oā€™Connell another back rower who made his only start for Ireland in Paris, in 1994. He picked up just one more cap off the bench in the 13-12 win at Twickenham a few weeks later.

I think Iā€™d be right in saying that David Corkery was awarded the coveted title of Irelandā€™s best player at the 1995 World Cup by RTE

His article in the Evening Echo after the Japan game last week was utterly scathing

Criticism like that means a lot when itā€™s coming from somebody who has walked the walk at a World Cup

Billy Holland was 31 Id say when first capped

Philip Rainey another was 30 when capped

Anyway, take this soccer talk elsewhere.