Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Italy had to beat New Zealand by 68 points to advance to the quarter finals instead of New Zealand.

And now weā€™ll never know if they could have done it or not

14 Likes

Absolute farce. Two fingers given to teams not letting them at least have the chance to play for their place in the quarter finals.

Safety of players, officials and supporters must come first. At @TreatyStones is the resident meterological expert and probably shed more light on this but it does appear that a typhoon this late in the season in Japan is almost without precedent.

1 Like

You guys be likeā€¦

But then replay the games!

And wonā€™t get a chance to do it

Acts of God can intervene at sporting events. Four matches in the pool stages of this years Cricket World Cup had to be abandoned due to weather back in June.

It just shows how much this rugby World Cup has caught the imagination of the general public that itā€™s provoked such debate here and disappointment amongst the rugby once four years soccer type crew that the matches canā€™t be played.

1 Like

!!! :smile:

If memory serves me correct, an Italy draw against New Zealand in the 2010 soccer World Cup ultimately saw Italy eliminated in the group stage. Now the same fate has befallen Italy at the rugby World Cup after a draw against New Zealand.

Not yet my friend

The humidity has already cost Ireland one match. Be mad if they fell foul of the weather again

3 Likes

Except they actually played the match at the 2010 World Cup.

4 Likes

Im sure most of us have friends and family in Japan. My sister and her husband are there. Im milking his cows a few mornings a week now. I could (and the cows could) really do with him getting home in one piece :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Heā€™s actually correct in that. Itā€™s the lack of contingency thatā€™s the issue. Ffs sake.

It was a difficult decision for the organising committee to make but itā€™s the correct one. Itā€™s still only a game. Safety of life and limb must come first.

1 Like

Pull the plug on it now. Japan had their chance and fucked it up. Finish it off in a country that can accommodate it like USA who are gone out of it.

8 Likes

ā€˜0-0 it standsā€™

2 Likes

Looks like the Daily Mail should be our go to source for rubby matters.

3 Likes