Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

I dont have an encyclopedia type memory as your good self, however as @halfpipe kindly points out above, qualifying in 2004 and 2010 were on the day of the race as a consequence of typhoons at the time.

there may indeed be more prior to that, but I dont either have the info nor the time to search for it, so the above 2 races plus obviously the 2014 race will have to suffice for now.

The Japanese Grand Prix has been staged in October almost every year since 1986

Can you please provide a list of Japanese Grand Prixs which have been cancelled due to the weather

You’re the expert on Japanese weather, remember - you warned against this happening

Surely you would have evidence to support your theory

The IRB make no apologies for putting health and safety first. And rightly so. This is not scummy soccer where the collapse of a wall in the stadium and the manslaughter of 39 fans just sees kick off pushed back for an hour or two.

2 Likes

:smiley:

8 Likes

The winner of this RWC will forever be asterisked.

2 Likes

the evidence is that RWC games are being cancelled during typhoon season.

Italy will lose all interest in the game after this…

1 Like

Rubby crowd now trying to spin having no contingency plan as being the best contingency plan. It’s a bloated competition going on for months, it has loads of rest days with no games taking place, so why didn’t they reschedule the games?

1 Like

Can you please provide a list of all wet F1 races and qualifying sessions since 1986

This could come in very handy as the forum arranges the rescheduling of the F1 calendar to ensure there are no more wet races

Lapsed poster @GeoffreyBoycott always stressed the primacy and integrity of the oldest competition in the international rugby calendar, the Guinness Six Nations and it looks like he has been vindicated.

The RWC by contrast has been shown up as a marketing gimmick, devoid of integrity. Final pool matches being played on different days to begin with and then scratched off without a care.

4 Likes

There have been Six Nations games postponed due to the weather

France v Ireland in 2012

Ireland v England 1985

You seem to be suggesting that the Six Nations be rescheduled to another part of the year

I should have known better than to answer a question posed by you. I meant no ill will be highlighting weather affected races.

Your original post was

It has had major weather incidents on 3 occasions in the last 15 years. Thats all I responded to.

I do not wish to drag this noble rugby thread down further, so have a good day with the rest of your INTERNET jousting.

1 Like

Were they called a draw?

Not at all. They should just cancel it altogether

1 Like

The chances of a typhoon hitting a competition that lasts over a month are much higher than it hitting a competition that takes place over a weekend.

The Championship and British Lions tours are the most important events in the rugby calendar and have been for over 130 years. This World Cup stuff is enjoyable when its on, but as you said its a bit of a gimmick and you wouldn’t want to be taking it too serious.

2 Likes

The chances of a Typhoon hitting a country that experiences Typhoons, in the middle of Typhoon season, is also much higher

Your entire point rests on providing real evidence

You have failed to do that

You and another poster have also tried to twist the reasons for the tragic death of a driver

Very low stuff

not cancelled and called a draw.