Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Thereā€™s some amount of pure gowls in the rugby set

2 Likes

Surprised only four of the New Zealand team from the 2015 World Cup final remain. Theyā€™ve replaced all time greats with some fairly average players. If Ireland play to their best theyā€™ll win. 11 players experiencing World Cup knock out rugby for the first time. Iā€™ve a feeling pressure will be an issue.

Carbery may have cost Ireland their first ever semi final place.

What about you and your buddies behavior on the limerick private group after @anon32894817 left it last year. Was that the actions of gowls?

After remaining steadfast for so long that Ireland would be in the semi final, @anon61878697 seems to have lost faith. Thatā€™s what the aura of New Zealand can do even to the wide eyed innocents of the rugby once every four years soccer crew.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Iā€™m indifferent to the whole thing really but itā€™ll ruin the likes @Bandage @Big_Dan_Campbell @anon61878697 @mikehunt @Gman @anon78624367 and more whole years. Iā€™ll get serious enjoyment off that.

And to think some lads were lauding this cowardice.

I think we have a puncherā€™s chance

Sexton and Murray were very good yesterday and thatā€™s a prerequisite to have any chance

We were good up front - also a prerequisite

van der Flier was a standout in the back row yesterday

I also feel that most of our backs are quietly in good form

I would have some worries about 6 and 8 and Henshaw if he plays, Rory Best also, these players have to make a big step up

James Ryan is elite level in the second row - top three in the world for sure in that position

I think itā€™s been a decent group for us - weā€™ve been tested quite a bit but I think the team is still fresh

I feel that Ireland are going into a quarter-final in perhaps as good a position theyā€™ve ever gone into one

New Zealand havenā€™t had a game of note since they played South Africa

New Zealand are favourites for sure, but Ireland are not without hope

Our packs match up well. The key is if Murray and Sexton get on top.

Rugby results have no bearing on me, in any way, good bad or indifferent. Iā€™ll be delighted for Keith Earls, but beyond that, I couldnā€™t give two flying shites

In a two horse race they have a chance. But I made that prediction on the back of Ireland having the easiest pool at the tournamentā€¦ Their form isnā€™t great and on the back of their performances in the pool stage, I Would have Ireland ranked last of all teams remainingā€¦ Letā€™s hope they up it to the level we know they can play at.

I think Iā€™d get over it fairly quick mateā€¦ A smile from my daughter makes everything right.

Ireland Ireland Ireland

I said all this a month ago and got lambasted for it. This couldnā€™t have possibly been better set up for Ireland.

We will beat NZ

3 Likes

Iā€™m in.

I expect nothing less.

Irelandā€™s time is now. They simply have to beat New Zealand and I expect them to.

We have beaten them regularly over the last few years
We were number 1 coming into the tournament
We are battle hardened
They have only had 1 hard game a month ago

2 Likes

Our form is the worryā€¦ Can we can find form in 7 days?