Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

South Africa face New Zealand in the opening match of Pool B on 21 September. Both teams (if they advance) won’t be in quarter final action until the weekend of 19/20 October.

2 Likes

As I told ye all last week Felix Jones is with the boks

Sweep sweep

Ireland were training like fuck out in Portugal. This result is a non event.

1 Like

Is talk of Ireland being “heavy legged”, or even fatigued, going into that England match for real? Not match sharp I’ll buy, but sending out a tired team? Surely not. playing tired or fatigued is when injuries happen. That would be absolutely fucking astoundingly dumb given our experience. I can’t believe the team was physically tired going out on the pitch against England.

2 Likes

The Portugal camp was all running and fitness based so yes its quite possibly they only came back Thursday evening.

Schmidt had them running up and down hills the morning of the game sure.

Sand dunes.

They played a club side at 7am.

@Sidney
if you hear of any previews with Franno, Maddy Williams and Paul Wallace let me know.
Offerings from Hugo Macneill who we are regularly reminded has had a highly successful career in business Trevor Ringland and Stephen Jones are also appreciated

1 Like

Felix Jones to be forwards coach for South Africa

Franno was on Eamon Dunphy’s the Stand podcast earlier this week

1 Like

I’d say Jonesy will have a great preview.

At this juncture I honestly think we won’t get out of the pool. It has 2007 written all over it. I fear Samoa will beat us let alone Japan and Scotland. They’ve beaten Wales before in a WC and gave England a right rattle in 2003.

Fingers crossed.

It was Western Samoa that beat Wales in the 1991 World Cup. As a Welsh man said at the time, thank God we weren’t playing the whole of Samoa.

2 Likes

Im starting to think you’re right. Says it all about the competitive environment in International rugby.

Was Pat Lam in that team? I remember Steve Bachop the 10 he was class, his brother was scrum half for nz.