Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Iā€™d fancy one of the New Zealanders to get sent off against Ireland and for Ireland to go on and win.

It would want to be grievous bodily harm, referees are afraid to give penalties against new Zealand at world cups.

Which New Zealander do you think will be sent off

One of the indigenous South Sea Islanders.

Outside of the 2011 final when they were hosts, can you please reference specific examples of this

If Nigel Owens is reffing this thatā€™ll be worth a converted try to the Irish.

I hope you are accusing rugby referees of casual racism there rather than showing some yourself

I am. I think the referees are far more likely to infer intent in the case of non Anglo Saxon/Celtic peoples.

2 Likes

You are a very good person

Wonā€™t be a proper buildup until you hear Matty Williams pleading ā€œdonā€™t call ā€˜em All Blacks.ā€

1 Like

As expected from the outset really we are through to the QF and playing NZ. I thought it would be because we had won the pool and NZ on 2nd in theirs but makes no odds.

We are 16s to win it now, NZ are 5/4. We are priced about right. Shocking NZ price though. I fancy England now after their week off.

Our defence is about the only part of our game thats really been solid. Two tries conceded. One of the stattos can confirm but probably as little as anyone.

After a few weeks of underwhelming performances in warm up games and easy group games for the rogbee teamofus the scummy soccer crowd had the chance to turn heads and win back hearts and minds yesterday, but instead played for a draw against some goat herders from the caucuses. Now with their biggest game in years up on Tuesday its being completey ignored, bar in the countrys welfare offices, as the nation considers ā€˜the matchā€™ next Saturday morning.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bookies are pricing it:

New Zealand 5/4
South Africa 10/3
England 4/1
Wales 8/1
Ireland 16/1
Australia 20/1
France 25/1
Japan 33/1

Ireland are rank outsiders to beat New Zealand.

The fitness of Billy Vunipola will be key for England. Still no real update as to the status of his ankle injury. I have a sneaky fancy for the Qantas Wallabies to beat England.

#team of Ireland
#team of now is our moment
#team of whereever green is worn
#team of a lifetime of commitment
#team of do or die
#team of no excuses
#team of blood and guts
#team of brotherhood
#team of modern manhood
#team of honour
#team of never beaten
#team of oval balls
#team of indominable spirit
#team of warriors
#team of courage
#team of loyalty
#team of axel foley
#team of no man left behind
#team of fighting for our lives
#team of fearlessness
#team of respecting women
#team of rucking and mauling
#team of brian oā€™driscoll, keith wood and ollie campbell
#team of hard men
#team of consistently in the top ten sides in the world
#team of pushing hard
#team of coach schmidt
#team of limerick man paul oā€™connell
#team of grandslams
#team of tommy boweā€™s try against wales
#team of faith
#team of tolerance
#team of once every 4 years
#team of consistently beating the shit out of the jocks
#team of beating the All Blacks
#team of the heat of the battle
#team of 32 counties
#team of 4 provinces
#team of lambeg drums in Croke Park
#team of rain, hail or snow
#team of itā€™s called Lansdowne Road
#team of fuck Martin Johnson
#team of never say die
#team of top shaggers
#team of team of Zebo dancing
#team of less PEDs than the Welsh
#team of embarrassing the English
#team of values
#team of a very solid lineout
#team of unity
#team of no begrudgery
#team of humility
#team of ā€œstudied arts, but profession is dramaā€
#team of the ice in Ronan Oā€™Garaā€™s veins
#team of knowing where you came from
#team of liberals and conservatives, straights and gays, men and women, young and old
#team of good scrums
#team of TFK
#team of us

Come on TFK, letā€™s band together and beat these horrible, filthy, Kiwi cunts!

3 Likes

Ireland are 5/2 to beat NZā€¦ Hardly rank outsiders.

Matty is always insistent (rightly so) on this.

Here we go so Iā€™ve just got through the teams and Iā€™d give Ireland a massive chance. We can get on top in the scrums and generally match them up front. Thatā€™s a very weak New Zealand back row and I wouldnā€™t rate savea or cane. Read is not the force of old either. The key is Irelandā€™s half backs. If Murray and Sexton find their peak form weā€™ll win. I donā€™t rate Moguna being honest. Smith is quality no doubt. Their centers are distinctly average in comparison to the likes of smith and Nono who theyā€™ve replaced. We need to go henshaw and Ringrose I feel. Aki is useless and a liability. The one fella that can rinse Ireland is beauden Barrett. (Iā€™ll come back to this). they are still very unproven experience wise too compared to New Zealand sides of old that won world cups. They failed against a bad lions team patched together, theyā€™ve been beaten by the boks who arenā€™t great and ireland have beaten them twice in this cycle to. England should have beaten them last November as well. If we play to our best weā€™ll go very close here. Ireland will rely on Murrayā€™s box kicking and thatā€™ll take the lion out of it. He has to go high every time down beaudens throat. Ireland earls/Conway need to tag him as his toes touch the ground. Keep him buried in rucks for first phase ball youā€™ll really soften up New Zealand. If our back row can keep slowing the game down theyā€™ll struggle for creativity. Weā€™ll have to put in our best performance under this coach but I sense we are close and even henshaw and carberry coming back is another huge bonus. We havenā€™t been creative so far but Iā€™d you pressurize New Zealand theyā€™ll cough up tries and nobody has a better offensive kicking game than us. If Sexton/Murray get it right the 50/50 balls become 60/40 in our favor with earls/Conway/henshaw/bob exceptional in the air. Thereā€™s been green shoots for Ireland in recent and even watching japan trounce Scotland will probably be good. I also think New Zealand willl struggle with the pressure. They imploded in the lions series and this will be much tougher mentally for them. A long time between games to get distracted as well. Itā€™ll be a one score game and Iā€™ve that sense itā€™ll be our day next Saturday. come on ireland.

6 Likes

7/2

We need our forwards to win the battle against the NZ forwards. James Ryan is the greatest forward on the planet.

Then we need Murray and Sexton to produce more magic moments than Beauden Barrett & co.

Bb is at fifteen and thatā€™s a mistake. Irelandā€™s best option is to kick and by kicking to him if the chase is right heā€™s buried in rucks off first phase ball which him in particular and New Zealand in general are brilliant off. Obviously the chase and the kick half to be spot on first.

1 Like