Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

To be fair, once you go below 10 in rugby itā€™s all much of a muchness

A test match away in Tbilisi is always a tough ask ā€¦ Denmark themselves drew there.

And a RWC quarter final against one of the two powerhouses of rugby football is also a tough ask, but Iā€™m hopeful of getting a result this weekend. It would be a great occasion and the DVD would make a fantastic stocking filler for Christmas.

The one black lad that plays rugby in Ireland happens to be quite good and they donā€™t even bring him, bringing a load of white Saffers instead. The IRFU are disgustingly racist. I hope NZ put 150 points on them.

1 Like

Itā€™s ultra competitive down in the 90ā€™s with Georgia in the soccer though? Just looking at the Official FIFA rankings there, in the 90ā€™s with Georgia, you have the likes of Luxembourg, Madagascar, Jordan, Lebanon, Vietnam and the Democratic Republic of Congo. If soccer man Eamonn Sweeney sees those rankings, heā€™ll be overwhelmed by embarrassment.

What about the handful of teams between 10 and 90 though?

Of course you donā€™t.

Ireland rugby and soccer are so alike itā€™s uncanny. Both afraid to take risks. Both afraid to give young players a chance. Both knocked out but with pride restored.

A lovely gesture

In fact the IRFU generously offered the use of Lansdowne Road for the Shamrock Rovers XI All-Ireland team v Brazil as far back as 1973 so I know @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy has always had a tremendous respect for them since then, as he does with the Royal Dublin Society for offering Rovers a home when they needed one in 1990

2 Likes

Eire or Ireland soccer? I understood that Ireland under Coach Michael Oā€™Neill played a very attacking brand of soccer.

Mike, we need you onside pal. All Irish men, North and south, big and small, left and right, nice and cunt must now unite and defeat the scummy murdering all blacks. Stand beside me mo chara.

You obviously donā€™t watch norn iron. Absolutely terrible to watch. As bad as Ireland to watch.

Ireland are very good to watch for the general standard of player they have

Michael Oā€™Neill does a superb job with meagre resources

Of course a good ball playing midfielder like Steve Davis makes a world of difference, thatā€™s something that Eire donā€™t have

Unfortunately I will have to decline your kind invitation. I donā€™t tick enough boxes to be part of the ā€œteam of usā€. While I am a white male, Iā€™m not racist, misogynistic or aporophobic.

1 Like

Just reading on the Paper of Record here now that Ireland (or Norn Iron) as you call them won 2-3 in Prague against the Czech Republic last night. Sounded like a cracker.

Theyā€™ve definitely improved and become more expansive. When MON first took charge it was ultra defensive and he focused on making them hard to beat - sometimes three centre backs in a back five and another centre back holding in midfield and just hoofing the ball away for Lafferty to chase as a lone forward. But they played ever so well at home to Germany recently. They played some very nice and constructive football and were a credit to the island.

1 Like

It was only a test match.

1 Like

Sean Oā€™Brien comes from a farm, Tommy Bowe is from Monaghan and James Ryan once played the Euro Millions.

Youā€™ve got the career, the wide vocabulary and youā€™re a top shagger. If youā€™re not with us weā€™ll be forced to have uncontested scrums.

Quarter Final Fixture
11:15 - Nigel Owens (featuring NZ & Ireland)

16 Likes

Nigel is not a great draw for Ireland. His turn a blind eye and let the game flow mantra is manna from heaven for the New Zealanders with their constant infringing at the breakdown.