Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

South African Rugby the sporting embodiment of racism and of course the IRFU were happy to tour there during the international ban.

40 years ago and thats all yev got

South Africa race claims are recent … there’s also enough evidence to suggest old colonial attitudes are rooted in international rubby … white fellas just cant get sent off while the darkies are being flogged.

1 Like

Glasshouses and stones and all that

Hi Gil

https://twitter.com/vancleef80/status/1180394247490543616?s=21

The soccer set circling the wagons. Fascinating to see

You’d think the day of a big Eire soccer match, the soccer crew would be over on the Eire soccer thread. Or maybe they’re deflated after the weekend and the failure of their Eire team to beat a crowd of goat herders from Georgia sandwiched at 94 in the world rankings between Trinidad & Tobago & Kyrgyzstan.

2 Likes

Guys, guys, instead of engaging in petty sniping at each other, can we not just agree that both rugby union football and association football both still have significant problems with racism and both still have much to do to eradicate it from their sports

We should focus on how that can be done instead of sniping at each other over a cause which should unite us, not divide us

Deflection is the name of their game. Shocking lack of pride in their soccer team.

The same could be said for the Rubby set. Shocking lack of pride in being the World Number 1 team coming into this RWC. Deflection is the name of their game.

4 Likes

Very proud of the team. The world rankings do nowt for me. I don’t need anyone to spoonfeed me my views on the relative quality of the teams

Will be cheering on the boys in green tonight, and next Saturday morning. Do I need special permission from the board for that lads?

You’re a true patriot.

1 Like

The rugby crew wish Eire soccer well tonight. The rugby community have always been supportive of Eire soccer and more or less kept Eire soccer alive on the international stage from the mid 70’s onwards by providing Lansdowne Road when the Eire soccer stadia were no longer fit for purpose to stage test soccer matches.

1 Like

… A pub team, if you will.

The twice every week crew are very mouthy this morning.

1 Like

Rankings dont matter in rubby but they seem to be very important in soccer :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I will be too mate, it’s just a shame we have such shit managers who are all about their own egos

1 Like

They don’t seem to be important in soccer football at all at all. I was quite surprised to see the general negativity and dispiritedness over on the Euro Qualifier Match Thread ahead of the Georgia game considering the vast chasm in ranking difference between the two sides. I understand it now though.