Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

They should be four cracking matches. Iā€™m really looking forward to them.

6 Likes

Are our flankers capable jackelers though?

Dropping Larmor is classic Schmidt. Risk averse in the extreme. Thankfully itā€™s his last game at the weekend

1 Like

I would have gone with Larmour

But if Kearney can play 50 solid minutes and Ireland stay within striking distance it could yet work out

I think Irelandā€™s bench is decent and if Larmour gets 30 minutes he could still do damage

1 Like

When is the ireland game on - Saturday?

1 Like

I feel that World Rugby have been poor in their scheduling of kick-off times in this tournament

There have been matches kicking off at all sorts of different times, 8:15, 8:30, 8:45, 10:45, 11:15, 11:45 etc

During a major tournament, there should be one defined time slot for early games, afternoon games and evening games so you know exactly when a game will be kicking off

2 Likes

They donā€™t really want to grow the sport though do they?

Itā€™s not even about that, itā€™s just about making it as easy as possible to view the games for everybody

Thatā€™s a why you have defined time slots in the Champions League and World Cups and Euros

It makes no sense, for example, for the late game on a Saturday to be kicking off at 10:45 or 11:15 and then the late game on the Sunday to be at 11:45

Of course it makes no sense. Nothing in rubby makes sense. They donā€™t want people watching it, it makes no sense at all.

Il have to correct you on a technicality here Dan. I believe Luke McGrath was born in NZ but moved back to Ireland as a baby. No doubt some pedant has already noted as much

1 Like

This is no time to be talking bout Nucifora and we facing into a fascinating QF weekend

1 Like

Theyā€™re targeting these project players younger and younger.

As Thomas Davis famously said. Its not blood makes you Irish but the willingness to be part of the Irish nation

That probably rules out the Ulster lads then

9 Likes

:smile:

So Rory Best fails the test.

1 Like

Oh Gil

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12506/11837507/joe-schmidt-says-irelands-strengths-are-no-longer-a-surprise-to-new-zealand

We canā€™t surprise the all blacks. Of course not Joe. Playing the same team with the same gameplan for the last few years isnā€™t going to surprise anyone.

Excuse number 2, logged and noted

1 Like

We have these bastards on the runā€¦ Weā€™re living inside tbeir national head space.

Ireland, Ireland, Ireland

1 Like