Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

#teamofdifferenthashtags

2 Likes

Conor Murray box kick. Jonny Sexton loop around off Conor Murray and bosh it up the middle, after the Kiwi’s destroy Murray’s box kick. Ruck and maul and bosh it up the middle after the Kiwi’s figure out the loop around (1 time). When all else fails go for the cross field kick for the try,

Never, ever throw a skip pass and never ever get it out wide to the wingers. If Kearney joins in an attack he’ll be subbed off.

That’s it.

Ireland despite looking very stale in nearly all their 13 matches in 2019 have gone with 12 of the 15 starters from the team that beat New Zealand last November. Ringrose, Murray and Henderson in instead of Bundee, Marmion and Big Dev.

New Zealand looked very stale towards the end of 2018 against South Africa twice, England and Ireland and as recently as July and August of this year in drawing with South Africa in Wellington and getting hammered by Australia in Perth. They’ve had a radical enough overhaul of some personnel over the last three months and now have just 8 of the 15 starters from that match in Lansdowne Road last November.

1 Like

Excuse number one… logged and noted.

2 Likes

Dont forget the humidity

that was for the Japan abomination.

Ah but humidity is the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to Irish rugby excuses.

It might be wet too. Irish lads could struggle with that

if it’s wet, there won’t be a tactic except the box kick, route one approach by Murray.

How do we dismantle the AB scrum? Just push like motherfuckers?

Huh? I’m just commenting on the make up of the respective teams for Saturday and form lines over the last twelve months. Any thoughts on the make up of the two teams?

Yeah but Ireland have 17 out of the 23 from the Nov 18 game and NZ have 16 out of their 23 so similar levels of overall rotation.

1 Like

The closer it gets, I think we’re going to do it… these fucks havent played a daycent game in a month while we have been slowly gaining momentum.

Ireland’s game play with Kearney playing is too basic. We’ll beat the handicap but not New Zealand.

I believe its just the 14 out of 15 in the Ireland starting line up born in Ireland and 7 of the 8 subs. Joey Carberry spent a few of his early years in New Zealand, before his family moved home to Athy. All 23 plying their trade domestically in Ireland.

1 Like

Ireland have a better three quarters pair than New Zealand and massive potential in the backs to cause damage to New Zealand. Instead they’ll take New Zealand on up front, where New Zealand have much more talent and are filthy. If the referee applies the rules and doesn’t allow New Zealand to cheat, Ireland may break even up front and allow Sexton to gain territory.

New Zealand on the other hand, will not stick to a rigid game plan, will relish getting the ball kicked back to them by Murray and will, regardless of personnel, look to expose Ireland out wide, and especially Kearney.

I think Ireland will lose comprehensively

Leave @Horsebox out of this … no one will lay a hand on him while I am here.

1 Like

Your sources are incorrect Dan, a quarter of the subs were born abroad. However the general thrust of your argument, that Irelands transfer policy has been hugely unsuccessful and Nucifora must go, is on the money.

1 Like

When it comes to the Ireland rugby team @Halfpipe is like the serial planning objector or the crank lay litigant who’s never out of the courts, only happy when he’s having a good old moan and complaining about everything.

1 Like

I was merely correcting a falsehood in your post old boy, as I recognise you as the poster who provides detailed teamsheets I knew how horrified you would be with the inaccurate information provided. Had I known that it would lead to a response from you filled with vitriol and dreadful grammar I’d probably have put more effort in.

1 Like

W.P. Nel?

cc @Bandage