Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Quarter finals get underway in Oita at 8.15 in the morning with the clash of Australia v England. Some interesting selections from the two Randwick clubmen. Coach Jones dropping George Ford for Henry Slade, with Owen Farrell moving to out half and George Kruis dropped for Courtney Lawes.

Coach Cheika has selected 19 year old Jordan Petaia in the centre and gone with a half back pairing of Will Genia and Christian Lealiifano.

Was there for that match and behind the line where Horan scored off the back of that Campese pass.

Magician was Campo. Wouldn’t tackle a crossword but magic with the ball in hand and some fong of a ball too.

England by 15. It would be a most unmerciful collapse from the poms to lose this

What time is throw in tomorrow?

Quarter to twelve sham

2 Likes

That Slade is a super player. Has it all. Him and ringrose are going to have some battles over coming years I hope.

Thought Aussies looked.better with Tomua on the pitch. Having two ball players. But this young lad in the centres looks a superstar in the making. Saw his debut with reds and he was electric. Bad injury but must be held some regard to be dropped straight in for a quarter final.

1 Like

Maybe Australia should declare it not to be a test match to spare their blushes @anon61878697

Australia are the Poms - Prisoners of Our Majesty

I give Australia a good chance in this one.

I fancied Australia had a chance before the team selections were announced, but I’m less optimistic now. Some curious decisions in there. Heylett-Petty not in the 23 the strangest of them. I’d love them to turn England over all the same.

A lot of Irish hope is coming from our experience of “ cup rugby” as it is knockout .

It has really been beneficial since 1987

POHMs ,(her majesty) was on their clothing convicts had to wear

Australians call the tans, poms

the tans are poms.

They may do so but Australians are the Poms - Prisoner of Our Majesty.

the tans are poms…recognized the world over.

1 Like

A POM was a Prisoner of Our Majesty. Australia was Our Majesty’s convict colony.

Here’s what the world thinks of you, fuck head.

It comes from pomegranate

Geoff has to big imperialism into everything – to remind the world that he is superior , the tan bastard.

So essentially the Convicts hadn’t the wit to come up with a derogatory term of their own to insult their betters in the Mother Country, so they started using the term to describe themselves, POMS. Bright lot the Australians.