Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Id take it

It must be a giddy time for real rubby men -

Iā€™ve a lot of misgivings about the poor form in 2019 but Iā€™m going to make the leap of faith that the whole year has been building up to this weekend. If Ireland play well they can win. Another listless performance and theyā€™ll be hammered.

Iā€™m going for Ireland to win by 20-15.

Slightly giddy alright.

It would be truly historic that on the weekend the British parliament effectively vote to unite Ireland, the united Irish rugby team reach their first RWC semi-final.

I doubt it.

If only we had the Tullow Tank tomorrow

If only Ireland had Sean Oā€™Brien. Career in freefall since that Mickey mouse lions tour in 2017.

If weā€™re picking past players, give me an esrly 20s Oā€™Driscoll please

Best of luck to the supporters of the Irish/British/South African rugby club against the New Zealand/Pacific Island rugby club tomorrow.

I hope Keith Earls somehow gets possession tomorrow and is able to showcase his talent, it would be a shame if he had to spend 80 minutes tackling and defending again.

I made the assumption that anyone consistently in the RWC thread would have a vague interest. Come here - make some point about rugby and apple tax will you?

2 Likes

I was at that game as I wanted to see the millennium stadium. I went with my brother and his then gf. We drank about 14 pints in the day, and ended up in a bar called iirc the golden fleece, or the golden cygnet.
We were chatting to a couple of friendly locals for about an hour. They kept referring to ā€œyour partnerā€
Slightly puzzled, I eventually said ā€œyou do know heā€™s my brother?ā€
To which the reply came, and I quote
ā€œyou do know this is a gay bar, donā€™t you boyo?ā€
We left fairly sharpish.

1 Like

You assumed wrong, thatā€™s twice in a row now.

I honestly think you are wrong here. After the Welsh thing, world rugby stepped in, and did indeed hand the all blacks a psychological advantage by insisting teams stand to face the haka, and following this, the kiwis added bits on and had it extensively choreographed. Tbh, I donā€™t think it works anymore, but it certainly did.

So you donā€™t have a vague interest. What drags you in here so?

Boredom

1 Like

The people who would have been entitled to do the haka were mostly wiped out by the ancestors of those bastards weā€™re playing tomorrow.

To make matters worse weā€™ve had that Phil Coulterā€™s pension dirge foisted on us.

The Bull Hayes never became emotional singing that load of crap!

Do the IRFU have to pay Phil royalties every time it is sang?

Weā€™d piss all over em if we had

Oooooooooooooft