Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Heard him as well. He came across as a righteous cunt.

1 Like

Ireland Rugby World Cup 2019 Haiku

Ireland at the Rugby World Cup
So much optimism
But alas, another heavy quarter-final defeat

1 Like

Irelandā€™s 7 quarter final defeats have been by an average of 19 points.

4 Likes

Thanks chucksā€¦this got lost in the match chatter.

:rofl: What! No way,

I have a hunch that the tans will bate the diddies off the all blacks.

I was at a wedding in Bowral (Don Bradman country) yesterday and mustā€™ve had a hundred people all me about the rubby match. I told each and every one to load up on the Blicks.

Oirelandā€™s inevitable success was the last thing I heard from @AppleCrumbled before blocking him. I hope all is well in his e-grave.

2 Likes

like the rubby team, he shit his togs and went missing.

1 Like

Scotland lost those three quarter finals against New Zealand you referred to by margins of 27, 18 & 12. Scotland lost the 2003 quarter final to Australia by 17.

Thatā€™s an average losing margin of 19 points

Irelandā€™s average losing margin in quarter-finals against New Zealand is 32 points

Ireland and Scotland have both played Australia twice in quarter-finals

Ireland recorded losses by 1 point and 18 points

Scotland recorded losses by 1 point and 17 points

So Scotlandā€™s quarter-final record against Australia is marginally better than Irelandā€™s - that 33-16 defeat in Brisbane in 2003 being very narrowly better than Irelandā€™s 33-15 defeat in Sydney in 1987

Unlucky Ireland

I hope heā€™s doing well.

Ewan is an absolute cunt.

1 Like

They will certainly give them a game. Just watched the tans/poms and England have serious pace, between the ears and in their legs. We had Stockdale who runs aimlessly and Earls who got tossed round like a rag doll. New Zealand attack with ferocious pace but England demonstrated similar enough against the Aussies and made them look very average. I expect it will be tight but NZ to prevail.

:smile:

2 Likes

Jonathan Davies is OUT for the Taffs, Owen Watkin comes in.

A bit of ball hopping is always pleasant, but I struggle with lads who genuinely wanted a 32 County all Ireland (apart from the imports) team to lose a wc qf to the all blacks.
We werenā€™t great at this world cup, but we lost to one of the best performances Iā€™ve ever seen from a rugby team yesterday, and to Japan who are a fine side, well prepared, and playing really well.
Such is life. They did their best, which wasnā€™t enough. The group they were drawn in was deceptive, and they got the all blacks in first game of the knockout stages. No shame in it. Best was an honourable servant of Irish rugby and, English bed sheets aside, seems a thoroughly decent man.
NZ will beat England comfortably, they have the lot. Their handling is so brilliant I actually enjoyed the game.
Crying over schmidts departure though would suggest a bit of want in a lad.

7 Likes

He used his position as Irish captain to intimidate a person on a witness stand in a rape trial. Thereā€™s nothing honourable in that.

In fairness that wouldnā€™t have been his intention.

Heā€™s not retarded is he?

Aux armes citroyens!