Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Weird how @Juhniallio thinks Ajax v Tottenham was a classic tie but not Liverpool v Roma

I wonder why that is

Because the Man city v spurs swayed one way then the other and back. Liverpool were miles better than Roma and let them back in with outrageous comedy defending. 4-0 or something in the first leg and let in a couple of late goals. Scored first in the second and roma got 2 in last 5 mins or so. Lower quality and way lower drama. Quality and drama were the criteria @choco mentioned.

Just because there’ll all out to get you doesn’t mean you’re not paranoid…

1 Like

I didn’t mention Manchester City v Tottenham

Weird how you’re misquoting people again

Seems to be a habit with you these days

I initially said the best sporting drama - you threw in the quality remark when you said they were shite - which was a tad dramatic from yourself

It would be good if we had a handy way of ascertaining which was a better standard between Ajax v Tottenham and Liverpool v Roma

Oh wait, we do

You’re right, @Sidney added the term quality/standard. I was channeling Ewan to bring a bit of realism maybe…

1 Like

Go on?

Perhaps you’ll work it out :grin:

Or perhaps not

Being slow on the uptake is quite the trademark you’re developing

So if we go back a step back again— that bastard @flattythehurdler said there are no great spectacles in soccer — I countered saying that the knockout stages of the CL are as good as you’ll get ---- while in some cases the quality may not be great the drama is still to the fore. So we can all agree that Flatty is a bollix here?

1 Like

It is in fact the opposite

The business end of the Champions League is the highest standard in world football

The quality, by definition is always there

The drama may not be

But in recent years it usually has been

The winners of one got their arse handed to them 3-1 in the final.
The winners of the other got their arse handed to them 2-0 (albeit with the aid of a dodgy peno)…

Liverpool are better by virtue of having scored more while being losers is it?

@chairmandan won’t like this discussion at all.

That would be one way of looking at it

Another way of looking at it would be that Liverpool beat Tottenham 2-0 in the 2019 final and thus proved they are a better team

Liverpool and Roma also both beat Barcelona and so are superior teams to Barcelona

It’s weird that you would look at a game with a lot of goals and always think the standard is shit

You must be one of those Jonathan Wilson types who think the best games are 0-0

I suppose as a Manchester United supporter, the best policy for you these days is to try and look upon misery as a pleasure

@ChairmanDan can go fuck off for himself.

1 Like

Fucking hell…

Wtf? Liverpool in 2019 were better standard than Liverpool in 2018. Way better. as proved by their league performance. Comparing teams from different years but wanting the match between them in the year of your choice to count as the defining factor of whether a game was high standard? Very poor reasoning.
You’ve also changed from arguing about the standard of the game to the standard of the team.

Here it is again Sid. You’ve changed to arguing about which team was better.

Two replies to the same post :smile:

It’s a bizarre change in argument that needed highlighting.
‘Liverpool are a better team than Spurs so the semifinal in 2018 where they hammered Roma was better and more dramatic than Spurs v Ajax in 2019.’ it’s such a bizarre argument, it makes no sense at all.

What is your argument that Ajax v Tottenham 2019 was better than Liverpool v Roma 2018