Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

Fenway Park?

1 Like

If you’re trying to argue that Schmidt always licked zebo when he had the opportunity your credibility is gone or you have a very short memory.

:smiley:

I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying he picked him continually. Two totally different things. You also need to accept it isn’t up to schidmt. Under nucifora not one player has been selected that was playing abroad after leaving Ireland. It’s irfu policy. Like it or lump it. Not joe schidmts policy. You can’t make an exception as much as you’d like to.

You’ve posted so much about rugby at this stage that your nearly part of the rugby crowd now too

1 Like

What’s the irfus policy on half our team not actually been from Ireland

1 Like

I think we should move away from Irelands call and play ‘the world in union’ song as our anthem.

1 Like

Half?

James Ryan on line out captain duties. I’ve every confidence in him that he’ll be able to shoulder the extra responsibility.

The chance for Ireland to become the no. 1 ranked team in the world with a win over Wales today has lads rightly on edge. Disappointing to see so many empty seats at the ground for such a huge occasion, and the last chance to see Coach Schmidt and Capt Best OBE perform on Irish soil.

1 Like

I’ve been getting a lambasting.

As Kermit the frog put it best - it’s not easy being green :man_shrugging:

Sexton looks like an old man out there

Shite start to this.

Kearney :sunglasses:

Stander :grimacing:

So you climbed down on your weakest pool of all time claim immediately. :smile:

Being guaranteed to draw either of the two tournament favourites for the competition in the quarter final being a tough draw might have some merit. How magnanimous of you! :smile:

Ireland will be underdogs in their RWC quarter final. They created much much easier paths in previous world cups. In fact the last two world cups they had relatively simple paths to the final. 2015 Argentina and Australia. 2011 Wales and France. And the result was abject failure.

I don’t expect Ireland to get any further than the quarter final mainly because they’re not good enough to beat the best teams when it actually matters. I expect this quarter final draw is a brick wall and nobody should be surprised when it’s another quarter final exit.

6 Likes

Best, sweet jesus

Ireland are about to become the no. 1 ranked team in the world. The reason they will be underdogs in the quarter final is because their history of shitting the togs must be taken into account, not because their opposition are far more talented a team.

It’s both.

Good try by freckles