Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

It’s a simple fact. He picked sexton. It’s a world cup, he could easily decide to pick players based abroad just for the WC. It would make sense. He doesn’t want zebo.

The word was “discard”.

No it is not. After Sexton left their was a total change in policy. Sextons contract was the last one negotiated before David nucifora was appointed. Every contract since has been handled by David. If you don’t sign for the irfu you don’t play for Ireland. It’s very clear. Joe schidmt can not pick players not employed by the irfu. You are way off here.

The 2017 six nations was Ryan’s and zebos last. Zebo started 5 out of 5 games and Ryan stared 4 out of 5 games missing the opening game due to injury.

It was the same policy, they made an exception for Sexton.

Same rules apply but there is always an excuse for the rugby crowd.

If Schmidt wanted Zebo for a World Cup I have no doubt an exception would be made for the World Cup.

No it wasn’t. Tommy bowe regularly played for Ireland while abroad.

As usual you’re being selective.

If this was the case Ian maidgan would have been in the training squad. He isn’t allowed. If schidmt was allowed the provinces would be cleaned and the union would fall apart. You are miles off here.

Why would Ian Madigan be in the training squad ahead of any of the four outhalves that were in it?

Again, utter nonsense.

Schidmt would have Madigan ahead of Byrne and carthy in a flash. You are miles off here.

Ryan started 4 of the 5 2016 six nation games. Zebo started 3 of 5 plus one sub appearance.

@glasagusban credibility when comes to rugby is up in the air as he believes schidmt has the option to pick players from abroad.

These players in their prime with better Irish teams couldn’t beat Argentina thats where we’re at on the big stage. Take us out of Dublin and we don’t look too good.

Ah we’re savage in friendlies in Chicago.

It’s the reason why tagdh Beirne signed for Munster. So he could play for Ireland. Same with addision and Hayley.

You’re one to talk about credibility, you’ve never played rugby. I’d say the only time you held a ball was in lifestyle in the crescent shopping center. I played against 6 was 7 (toner) of these internationals. Listen to me young man when I tell you we’re at nothing.

Madigan hasn’t even been playing top level club rugby much of the last few years. He is not a compelling case for selection.

You’re completely missing the point. Australia made an exception for players based abroad the last World Cup. If Schmidt thought he absolute had to have zebo for the World Cup he would have approached the irfu and an exception would have been made. He doesn’t want zebo, its as simple as that.

It’s a modest target but considering the way the draw has come out it’s a daunting challenge. Certainly achievable but not a dead cert.

You’ve totally backtracked here. There’s absolutely no way it’s up to schdimt. Ireland have the exact same policy as New Zealand. He continually picked zebo until he didn’t resign with the irfu. You simply haven’t a clue.

Nz we’re on the piss, those boys party hard. Had they’d been sober they probably would have beat us 60-0.