Rugby World Cup 2019 - Ireland shit the pot all over again

That’s more of a reflection on how easy it is to make it at rugby — the league is watched by 2 men and a dog and is barely even given air time… lot’s of clubs struggling financially…how many of the current Ireland 6Ns squad played AIB this year?

Eire26 regularly punch above their weight? what does that mean? i mostly remember them being humiliated by other mediocre nations and being absolutely putrid to watch hoofing the ball as far away as humanly possible something a serious nation like spain or gemany would be appalled by.

participation rate in eire might be high but that proves my point, all these lads togging out in bushes on sunday morning with hangovers hoofing the ball into the sky and then going drinking for the day. proof that the participation level might be high but also proof that most do not take it seriously.

there is no domestic league. half the clubs are bankrupt and all the players sign on the dole for 4 months of the year. thats humiliating but nobody goes to watch them so what can they do.
nobody in power sees this as a problem ie they do not take it seriously.
the CEO of eire26 takes in €400k pa and nobody is bothered to say that is not right when 95% of soccer players are togging out in hazel bushes and the elite clubs cannot survive. in fact the ceo is a hero amongst many due to his willingness to get drunk and act the ass with the national team supporters ie nobody cares enough to tackle this strange anomaly, getting pissed with the ceo is more important than a healthy domestic league. ie nobody takes it seriosuly.

most importantly Eire26 do not produce proper soccer players, they are a laughing stock, they cant kick the ball to each other which is the very basic skill in the game. surely a nation who takes any sport seriously would ensure they teach players the most basic skill in the game. eire dont ie they do not take the game seriously. a great nation to talk but not motivated enough to attend domestic matches or to learn the most basic of skills

4 Likes

@the_man_himself, I take it back, I see what you were doing. You have him seething.

2 Likes

I wasnt expecting that — what a knockout from @the_man_himself … we got an essay he is so seething… a fucking essay :joy:

1 Like

I’d say he passed out after pressing the reply button.

For a troll he has been gazumped at his own game. Unreal.

i love the way you can control the scummy soccer lads with pure facts.

1 Like

The Ulster Bank League is the third tier of Irish rugby. It is a development league.

The seethe from the Eire soccer crowd over the success of the 32 county Ireland rugby team is off the charts. The rugby contributors to a man here were most magnanimous to our tenants when they had their big win over Wales inthe play off to get into the play off qualification game.

It’s the club game in Ireland, equivalent to the LOI, and the top tier once you remove the provincial franchises…

No seethe from me anyway, Geoff … I seem to remember wholeheartedly congratulating you, and others, on Irish rugby’s latest success.

Sidneyesque

“Once you remove”…

It is the third tier, the end.

It’s the highest domestic league in Ireland…the professional game is a step above it but they play in an international league composed of Welch and Scotch teams … and where you getting 3rd? Are you placing the provincial franchise seconds ahead of the club game?

Why are you naming Irish citizens that played for the Irish soccer team? What’s the relevance?

It is the third tier, it isn’t any more simple than that.

Like it or not and some soccer people are driven demented by it but all the Oirish rubby players play for Oirish teams.
Eire26 soccer can make this situation happen also but dont seem to be bothered or more likely capable of putting in the effort and work required.

It would take vision and a bit of time but rousing the soccer crowd off of their barstools and in the gates of football stadiums is the pathway to making it work.

It’s the highest domestic league.

Er you realise that many of them didn’t have Irish passports.

Interesting to see when the lefties see someone as contributing more to a country though.

Work here, maybe raise a family- get out. Some bloodline when you have little to do with the place practically, on you go.

I guess it’s like the blind eye you lot turn to Castro putting his family into power versus your indignation to monarchies. Blood matters more when it suits you.

It is the third tier of Irish rugby.

The LoI is the second tier.

It’s quite simple really.

Let’s be realistic here, at International level the FAI have always been dwarfed in attendances by the IRFU. You rented the stadium for years ffs and are just long term lease holders at this point.

Irish rugby just had the highest rated sporting event for years.

At your second level, your attendances are dwarfed. The average Leinster home Pro14 game is equal to the combined attendance of the League of Ireland.

The LoI has us multiple clubs go bust over the years.

It has produced a few players, but pales in comparison to the provinces in Ireland who do all the heavy lifting.

Listen there might be guys like @the_man_himself who adores watching La Liga and playing the odd bit of 5 a side but association football is in the doldrums. Too many barstoolers. A domestic game that isn’t fit for purpose. No players as far as I am aware, are even in the Champions League. To laugh at rugby football’s success when you can’t get your own house in order is gas.

2 Likes