Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

Or maybe not.

Some atmosphere.

1 Like

Davy Burke gets in for an early try.

Iā€™d say Italy won the anthem. All downhill from there.

Thatā€™s some butchering

Great atmosphere. The French have been on it since lunchtime.
Wookie is a great name.

France will put 60 on these I-ties

Fella pulling the shorts off another fella there

The standard of the top teams at this WC is a joy to behold. As is the bravery of the rest.

Is there a Rugbix of the Day thread?

3 Likes

How did the French get the put in after the ref pinged them for a crooked feed to the scrum?

All immaterial. Italy have been very disappointing in this WC.

He didnā€™t. He said it never went in. So it effectively never happened. Do it again.

Irish pundit saying the Italians just havenā€™t turned up and itā€™s too easy for France. Utter bollox. The French are absolutely on it.

Conor Oā€™Shea needs to come back and do another 20 years in Italy

2 Likes

Hugh Cahill commentates on an Italian attack at 24-0 down as if itā€™s 20-17 in the dying embers of the game. Doesnā€™t look like thereā€™ll be any repeat of the Italians 2013 victory here anyway.

Will be some games next weekend. France v South Africa would be absolutely box office.

All the top teams look on it. Be epic.

POM looks like the physical embodiment of Munster rugby. If someone asked you what the typical Munster rugby player looked like it would be his face. Your mind would nearly play tricks on you that he was there during the glory years. Although I think he may have been on the extended panel in 2008.

Na I doubt very much he was tbh. Iā€™m nearly sure his European debut was 2011 the night rog scored a late drop goal v Northampton saints.

In fact he played in a famous senior cup final in 08. Probably the best rugby player I ever saw diarmuid McCarthy destroyed Pom, zebo and a few more Munster players in the final.

Some great stuff here in a cauldron.

This Billie Barry lad looks like a player.