Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

Playing in the pro d2…only 2 of the Portuguese team are in top 14…surely plenty agents sniffing around now

1 Like

You’d be hoping that Fiji had a schedule in place to taper off a bit towards the end of the pool and ramp it up again for the quarters. They’ve been poor enough the last 2 games now after an impressive start to the tournament. England will be happy out and eagerly awaiting the winners of France v South Africa from the long grass.

Did he just say he didn’t know that Portugal were in World Cup ?

You couldn’t predict what will happen next in this RWC…

The few lads who pipe up about how uncompetitive it is must have no coverage today

4 Likes

England will stuff Fiji.

1 Like

Like ourselves I’d say would be better off as underdogs

That should be the kick up the hole the Fijians needed…. They’ll bate England next week

I’d say they threw everything into the first couple of games knowing they would make or break their tournament.

1 Like

Fiji wouldn’t be great front runners.

My Fijian is a bit rusty, but I think he just said “fuck those Aussie cunts”.

1 Like

Portugal giving a much better account of themselves in this tournament than the Italians.

2 Likes

Thank God they gave Jacqui the nod ahead of that Dara O’ Brien fella for the World Cup. She’s much better.

3 Likes

Much better in a pair of wet look leggings anyway.

3 Likes

It why the expand the six nations won’t work.

Italy and Argentina aren’t benefitting too much yet of regular hammerings.

Suspect Paris / France will be subject to Islamic extremism’s violence over the next few weeks.

Wtf? Argentina are, and have historically been on a whole different level from Italy.

1 Like

how long are they in the rugby championship? Very poor this time imo.

On balance it’s been good for them. They’re regular quarter finalists and have made a semi finals since they joined.

They do okay at underage too but did manage to lose to Georgia at the Under 20 World Cup this year (partly because Georgia are improving).

They’ve gone to the WC SF more times than Ireland has. Italy have never even got out of the group stage.

We will see. very difficult to build momentum if you keep losing.