Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

Lot of scams re rugby tickets - the sheepskin cost wearing alickadoos need to be careful out there

1 Like

A “where else would you see it” type post. I’d say John Kiely would do the same with the Adare Manor tops.

Barnesy on the whistle Saturday night, a game befitting of him

2 Likes

My brother was due to be coming into Shannon at 10 to 1 in the morning.

Ended up arriving home at 7am after getting a taxi from Dublin to Shannon.

And working at 10am :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Earls pulled up in training apparently…

I’m not sure you could have a Henshaw or Earls coming into this game with a dodgy hamstring to be honest. Of all the injuries - that’s one that’s fairly likely to go again

1 Like

I used to dislike him, but he’s a good ref these days. In fact, the English refs have been top drawer as a whole. All the refereeing has been pretty good. The TMO on occasion less so. The bunker less so again.

1 Like

He’s got the authority, gravitas and respect a game like this requires.

He’s stopped blowing up every 30 seconds too.

To the brave and faithful…

2 Likes

His was actually not rugby-related, he was in Portugal, but it’s still miserable no matter who has to endure it.

1 Like

Earlsy mate.

1 Like

I expect they have a medical team to advise them.

Milan Wow GIF by wtFOCK

You’d know certain lads on here are the rubby equivalent of Irish Wolfhounds in sheep’s clothing from their snooty tone.

Was talking to a lad and he was saying tier 3 tickets (which I assume are shit enough) are going for ÂŁ600 a peice for the quarter final.
The Brave and the Faithful will be the broke and the penniless if we make the final

That’s a huge mark up I think they cost under 200.

Odd comment. They have a coaching team too but that doesn’t stop us (or most supporters) speculating on team selection, tactics etc.

I wasn’t trying to be smart, it came across that way. I don’t think you can second guess decisions that presumably are made on the basis of the advice of doctors and physios.

Of course.

This is only my personal opinion, but hamstring injuries more than most seem to be very difficult to shake completely and unlike some other injuries they are not one you can just run through.

If Henshaw was on the bench for example and came on and did his hammy again we’d be in a bit of a bind. The medical team would want to be very sure for that risk to be considered.

1 Like