Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

:smiley: :smiley:

Just like Emgland fans. In any sport.

https://twitter.com/RugbyPass/status/1712079263011156141/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1712079263011156141&currentTweetUser=RugbyPass&mode=profile

Portugal are coming like a train.

4 Likes

I’ve never seen as much interest from non-Irish born colleagues in anything as there seems to be for Saturday. There’s something about Jonathan, Fua Leiofi Bundellu and Josh that has the entire country in love with the sport of rubby union. There’s talk that some of the lads from Bangladesh originally are going to have to get into PJ Flaherty’s of Salthill before the Welsh match just to get a seat for the main event. It’s like a more inclusive Italia 90.

1 Like

Jaysus what a night for lads

The game will be screened on the venue’s big screen - kick off 8pm
7pm: Doors open
8pm: Ireland vs New Zealand on the big screen
10pm: The Saw Doctors

5 Likes

It’s like they are setting us up for a fall deliberately

You definitely have too much time on your hands anyway :grin:

The NZ game will be over as a contest at half time. Gerry Thornley has already got a Zombie pun ready for his composition of excellence.

Rubby lads like us know the score

2 Likes

Olly is some boyo :clap:

You would have made a great out-half mate.

Everything since Drico scored a hattrick in Paris in 2000 has been leading to this.

To think that Ireland could be marginal favorite’s against New Zealand in a World Cup Quarter final says it all. Halcyon days. Andy Farrell could be the right man at the right time.

As any Mayo man would tell you though, burying old ghosts can sometimes overwhelm you.

The All Blacks remind me a lot of Kilkenny. Never to be found wanting when it comes to effort. Always supremely skilled. As hard to kill off as the Delta variant of covid.

Ireland are probably 12 points the better side. They’ll need to be to win by wan.

13 Likes

Jesus

Munster beating Toulouse in 2000 was huge for Irish rugby

1 Like

That’s a lovely post.

I’m going to the game in Paris on Saturday - our tickets are in section N17.

This must be a sign! :exploding_head:

15 Likes

Have New Zealand matured as a nation? Seems to be no pressure on them and no meltdown over all the recent defeats.

I have no idea who this fella is but from the multiple clips I’ve seen of him gyrating to Zombie then I can safely say that he is the ultimate bandwagoner.

I think they’re a humble enough crowd that they recognise where they’re at.

Plenty of better kiwi teams than this one have won nothing so think that tempers supporter expectations

Jacinda Ardern buried them as a nation.