Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

Tip for people intent on getting back into Paris from Saint Denis after the match. Ignore the queues on the inbound platform and go to the outbound platform go out one stop and get on an inbound train.

4 Likes

Kilmacud is still Rubby Country

Thatā€™s very rugby - go backward to go forward.

3 Likes

Yeah - Iā€™ve heard that and itā€™s true itā€™s a different experience. That being said - away trips are always bigger deals, people are all-in on them and fully on it. If youā€™re going to a game in your own city or even driving up and down youā€™re not at the same level as someone in a city like Paris for a couple of days solely to see a game. I think you get that at every away trip (and it has been seen for the soccer too). The difference this time is the sheer scale of it. 60,000 Irish fans going buck-ape make quite a scene!

1 Like

Iā€™m starting my career in GAA coaching in Crokes this Friday evening :laughing:

15 Likes

They are generally a very good bunch.

Sending fellas around Saint Denis inebriated at night is not a good idea

1 Like

It would be real progress to build our 2027 campaign on.

Hoping mearnog will be the same Sat morning
cc @Juhniallio

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a thesis to be written on why Irish people travel in such massive numbers. Fear of missing out? That there isnā€™t a huge financial pull to attend weekly club games at home?

Rugby has kind of hit the sweet spot, open to everyone, on at socially good times in socially good spots. Connacht went from attracting crowds of less than 200 to afternoon games to 5000 season ticket holders in ten years. Hope you guys win through to meet us in the final. Thereā€™s always something off about New Zealand. Sanctimonious cunts who will only sweep the sheds as long as thereā€™s a camera there to document it. Very like that other AIG and government sponsored entity actuallyā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™ll be great roaring lock them in and make them watch it at the humbled NZ fans leaving early.

Looking forward to it. Iā€™ve been very impressed so far at how well they are organised

1 Like

Surely a sport that nobody knows the actual rules and the ref explains his decisions is custom made for the know all Paddy , youā€™re never wrong in your opinion .

1 Like

Donā€™t say it
Donā€™t say it
Donā€™t say it

Heā€™s only gone and said it

4 Likes

Wish it was Saturday right now.

Fuck all to do for the evening.

The similarities are striking youā€™d have to agree. Smarmy fake gifted titles by refereeing.

The beauty of it I guess. Spurt out the odd cliche (ā€˜the jackal did well thereā€™) and you can pass yourself off as being knowledgeable, safe that most of the others wonā€™t be confident enough to call you out.

Any nuns tires changed yet?

1 Like

Why not?

Saint Denis is a dangerous shithole.

2 Likes

Paul Oā€™ Connell: 550 or thereabouts
Donncha/Donnacha Oā€™ Callaghan: 200ish
ROG: 390
Peter Oā€™ Mahoney: 100 points less than he should have because he was so focused on rugby apparently.
Garry Ringrose: 520+. Enough to get law and economics in UCD anyway. Knew someone in his course
BOD: 320ish I gathered.
Peter Stringer: Enough for general science in UCC so 400+
Tadhg Furlong: Had planned to do PE and Maths teaching in UL initially but Leinster werenā€™t keen on him leaving the province for his studies.

Didnā€™t sit a Leaving Cert: Bundee Aki, JGP, James Lowe, Finlay Bealham and Mack Hansen. I suppose the northern boys sat the A levels instead too. Iain Henderson the only Ulster representative?

Bonus soccer fact: Ryan Manning got 570 or something like that. Robbie Benson who used to play for Dundalk got nearly 600 points and was extremely smart apparently.

3 Likes