Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

They mugged the Limerick fellas right off that day. Right off.

A good Captain’s Run is as good as 7 points on the board they say…

4 Likes

I don’t think I have ever seen a calf bandaged before.

No going back now guys, Ciara has declared it.

On Newstalk Breakfast this morning, presenter Ciara Kelly said she is travelling to Paris with the Green Army and “cannot wait” for the match.

“I think the whole country is holding its breath,” she said. “The whole Dare to Dream thing is real and I think this Rugby World Cup has captivated the nation.”

She said she believes rugby has now overtaken soccer in terms of popularity in Ireland.

“I think we are a rugby nation,” she said.

“The truth of it is, we will never ever again compete, really, on a world stage internationally in soccer, we don’t have the ability to do so.

“We will, from now on, always be one of those teams that, I think, will be viewed as a great rugby team.

“We do compete internationally. This is what we do and this is what we do well.

“All over the country, kids are signing up to rugby clubs. There will be, I don’t know how many millions of people, watching tomorrow night on TV around the country.

“They will and there will be tens of thousands travelling to France - with tickets or without tickets - just to be there and to say that they were there.”

Ciara said her own son told her this week that he wanted to get back into rugby.

“I think we are a rugby nation,” she said.

“I think we have captivated the nation with this Rugby World Cup. I think we are The Team of Us and I think Ireland is behind this team.

“Ireland wants to see this victory more than we have in a very long time with anything.”

Some New Zealand journalists on RTE now saying our guys are arrogant and implying the guys don’t conduct themselves in a proper fashion on the pitch.

3 Likes

Listening to the all black press conference earlier. They seem incredibly relaxed.

All of a sudden I’ve a terrible feeling about this game.

23 - 10 to New Zealand I’m predicting.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status/1646509861902110721

Thats the spirit

Good read. Some good players on that Garryowen team. The Hartigan brothers, also good soccer and gaelic footballers, Kevin especially.

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Less of that now pal, this is going to be the seminal sporting moment of Irish history. Get on board.

The more of this shite that swirls, the less fervent your support for the goys.

Could be up there with the time Ireland won that friendly

2 Likes

7 Likes

Bollox…you’re rarely wrong kid

8 Likes

Don’t burn yourself out pal a full day to go yet…

1 Like

I’ve graciously swapped shifts with one of the eejits at work whos into this shite, so I’m actually going to miss the match. Today is really my only chance to engage in BANTER

8 Likes

The neck on the cunts considering some of the shit the all blacks have got up to over the years.

3 Likes

Do many Northern Protestants support the Irish Rugby team?

This sort of scutter is going to ruin it for normal people.

2 Likes

Malachy Clerkin called it weeks ago. They can’t help themselves.

7 Likes