Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

Crowley steered Munster to a first trophy in years lining out against the guy playing 10 for the boks. He played him off the park.

If the situation was reversed, the kiwis 100% would have backed throwing him in sat night. They’ve no sentimentality in decision-making.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s correct except nessans isn’t in Moyross as such. Back wall brings you into pineview/cliona park in moyross but school itself in woodview, moylish

he was in Sexton St in first year anyway cos he was in my brothers class

1 Like

2 Likes

That may have been Colin Earls who went to sexton st, roughly same age

possibly, the brother knows Keith anyway, i thought it was from school, maybe it was through that fella.

Not a rugby player :rofl:

1 Like

No, but decent enough hurler and soccer player when not otherwise preoccupied

2 Likes

Be fairly certain he was in nessans and then munchins

5 posts up

1 Like

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s the long and short of it.

England against Italy in the 2020 euro final refused to take off a Harry Kane whose legs were gone after about 50 minutes.

Italy on the other hand who were outplayed for large parts were subbing off a lot of their main players as they understood the importance of fresh legs.

Sexton was a great player but I’m not sure he’s a great captain. That kick early doors down the line was criminal. In knockout rugby you go for the posts. Keep the scoreboard moving.

The missed penalty in the second half and the chip kick to nowhere was just pure tiredness in my opinion.

They had to make the switch and they didn’t.

1 Like

And he’s never going to ask to be taken off so accountability has to be with management on that one

Rassie is tremendous fun

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that be very similar to St Kierans in Kilkenny for hurling or The Sem in Killarney for footballing prospects? The lure of St Kierans decimates smaller rural secondary schools around Kilkenny when it comes to hurling ambitions. Even Shamrock Rovers have targeted this with a transition year programme in Ashfield College. You’d swear hoarding talent in a small number of schools was just confined to rugby the way lads are talking here.

4 Likes

Rugby is held to different standards for pretty much everything on here.

Off the ball are routinely ridiculed on here for their football coverage of Stephen Kenny but yet when it comes To rugby the very same journalists opinions are held up as facts almost.

The private schools thing is interesting but it tells you the power of money in sport for sure.

We aren’t far away from counties trying something similar with the gaa.

The fact a small cohort of schools can produce so many quality players is very telling.

Identifying the best 12 year olds and pumping money into them. Just like in the schools many counties won’t compete and will get left behind.

Fuck Ard Scoil

Gilroy deserves mild derision to be fair. Remember his “countdown to the Grand Slam” in 2005 that started in January of that year?

He’s not a real journalist tbf. Andy Dunne is though and is very good. He had called it that Ireland were going to be found out pre 2019 Six Nations.

I find Andy dunne excellent.